View Single Post
Old 11-02-2021, 02:42 PM   #122
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
the most common reason is the racist language, I haven't heard many other reasons.

So with CRT, liberals want to make sure kids are taught what whited did to blacks.

But with To Kill A Mockingbird, for some reason kids aren't capable of handling the historical context, even though it's accurate?

With CRT, the liberal rallying cry is not to whitewash history. Why doesn't that apply to this book?

Do you understand, that in this book, the racists aren't portrayed favorably? They're portrayed as disgusting.

"many on the right oppose the profanity and discussion of rape"

Not "many". I'm sure some puritans do, but hardly "many". I wouldn't have first graders read it.

Anyway, what do you liberals want? An accurate depiction of history? Or a whitewashed version? It's very hard to tell.
Now you are conflating a novel with what you call critical race theory.
In to kill a Mockingbird, Rich whites are good, poor whites are trash and blacks are the victims who cannot defend themselves.
It's a novel....

I know admitting that there are bad things in our history is hard, but if you think that is the end of America as you see it, just what are you afraid to lose?
You are perfectly willing to point out what you see as the frailties of other races, but are horrified that anyone would ask you to look at the things that have been done for years in this country that are not perfect. What is the horrible thing that will happen? Someone might feel guilty, or that things might change slightly.

Critical Race Theory has been around for longer than you and it only became an issue in the very recent past.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin