View Single Post
Old 10-28-2021, 08:32 PM   #91
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
From one of your links...

"It is certainly true that treated as a whole group, Asian-Americans appear to be doing well. Relative to other racial and ethnic minorities, they live in wealthier neighborhoods, have high marriage rates, high levels of educational achievement, and are successful in the labor market."

Proving me 100% correct.

"Asian-Americans are more likely to believe that academic achievement results from greater effort, rather than greater skill. This belief can in fact explain a large part of the superior academic outcomes for Asian-Americans, according to some studies. Believing that hard work pays off, Asian-American students work harder—and, for them, it pays off."

Also proving me 100% correct.

Did you not read these?

"Asian-Americans live near better schools. This explanation for higher achievement is of course a rather boring one, compared to appeals to culture. But it suggests that policymakers would do better to promote higher-performing schools than worry too much about promoting “Asian values.”

Idiotic (its not random that asians live near better schools, it's because they are wealthy), but even if you assume that's valid, its a great argument for school choice. Which party supports school choice, and which party opposes school choice, Wayne?

"But there are wide differences between different Asian-American groups. Many are struggling economically;"

Obviously true. No one ever said all asians are identical. We're making broad generalizations here. Not all blacks are identical, not all whites are identical.

"The Asian groups faring poorly are those living in areas with poorer quality schools—similar, in fact, to those in which African Americans live"

Again, a superb argument in favor of school choice.

Wayne, you think any of that proves me wrong somehow?

If you stay in school, work hard, don't have kids until you are married, then regardless of race, it's very very unlikely you will be poor.

If you don't like that fact, that's your problem. If racism was a big deal, the data would show that blacks don't escape poverty when they follow those rules. But the data is clear, blacks enjoy similar benefits when they make productive decisions. That doesn't mean there's zero racism, but it's not a big deal.
If you stay in school, work hard, don't have kids until you are married, then regardless of race, it's very very unlikely you will be poor.

That’s great but nothing close to what you’ve posted ..,

Maybe you should have just started and finished with that
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device