View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 09:09 AM   #136
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
answer my questions, i’ll start answering yours. fair enough?

we passed the equal rights act ( no thanks to democrats). Have you ever studied history? You apparently missed the chapter on how the south went from Democrats to Republicans i have good news for you, the war against institutional racism is over, and the good guys won. Find another soap box to preach from.
When Black parents worry about their straight-A student’s traffic encounters with the police more than they do a potential accident, this is because of experiences with racism. When a Black couple is about to have a baby and has to think consciously about what hospital to deliver in so they can obtain equitable care, this is racism. When a Black parent worries about their child attending a prestigious university outside of an urban area, this is often because of the racism they worry about them encountering driving to the school and even once physically on the campus of the school. And even more urban universities are not absolved from racism.

Systemic racism is not simply a thing of the past. It is up close and personal in the present.

If the country is white supremacist at its core, why are Asians the most economically successful ethnicity? and if democrats are opposed to racism, why are elite colleges denying admission to well qualified asian applicants? why do the liberal elites want to make sure there aren’t too many asians in campus? Of course in your mind, all colleges are full of elitist liberals.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Some Asians would dissent

Asian Americans have the widest internal income disparity of any racial group in America: The median Indian American household in America earns $119,000 a year, while the average Burmese family earns $44,400. Twenty-five percent of Burmese immigrants live below the poverty level. For Filipinos, the rate is a mere 7 percent.

Our politics are also diverse. A summer 2020 survey showed that 65 percent of Indian Americans planned to vote for Joe Biden in the 2020 election, 28 percent for Donald Trump and 6 percent said they didn’t know. For Vietnamese, the numbers were 36 percent for Biden, 48 percent for Trump and 16 percent didn’t know. A full 23 percent of Chinese Americans didn’t know.

We, the 20 million, are either poor or we are assimilation machines. Those are the two outcomes.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin