View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 07:52 AM   #55
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
"In the past week, Ohio saw a 44% increase in cases among school-aged children..

..[S]chool districts where masks are optional have seen a 54% week-over-week increase in cases, compared to a 34% spike in districts with mask requirements"
But………someone, somewhere did something 🦜💩
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
i don’t care about case counts, i care how many kids are actually sick.

Pete, if you could live as before and get covid but have no symptoms, or wear a mask and live in a light version of isolation and not have covid, which would you prefer? Please tell me which you’d prefer?

i don’t see why Case counts matter. It’s a highly contagious virus ( with a low mortality rate except among seniors and those with co morbidities who must be protected), that isn’t going away anytime soon. Most of us are going to get it at some point. It all points to something we have to live with for a long time, like the flu. There is absolutely zero reason to believe that it’s going to be eradicated. that’s not happens with viruses, except smallpox i guess.

There’s also a lot of evidence to suggest ( and not much to refute) that those who had covid and now have natural antibodies, are several times better protected against covid, than those with antibodies from the vaccine. Meaning, there’s a potential big upside to getting covid, especially if like the overwhelming majority of folks, it doesn’t make you too sick.

Connecticut College, where two of
my brothers went, has a 100% vaccination rate. and they test students regularly. they’re seeing a lot of positive tests ( kids aren’t getting sick though ), so they locked down, cancelled sports, all classes are remote, cafeterias are grab and go. If a 100% vaccination rate doesn’t prevent a complete lockdown, what’s the point?

I don’t know that case counts are the thing to focus on. lots of us have had it and never knew it.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device