Thread: Disaster
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 12:18 PM   #379
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
pete, they’re saying we shouldn’t have left until we were sure our citizens and allies were out. if that’s such an extremist position, maybe biden shouldn’t have promised to do precisely that. a promise he walked away from a couple of days later. and that’s what got him into hot water with americans.

Get your citizens out first, then destroy any valuable equipment you can’t take, then you leave. that’s what a lot of people ( not just republicans, despite what you say, as biden’s approval ratings tanked with independents) are saying.

you desperately, desperately want to believe that no one to the left of sean hannity believes he blew it. While it would be great for your personal agenda if that were the case, the fact is, it’s not the case.

doubtful anyone will remember this come the midterms. so chin up.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Keep toeing the party line

I see you qualified it as "Get your citizens out first, then destroy any valuable equipment you can’t take, then you leave."

TFG had plans to evacuate just as many Afghans as he did Kurds and blocked the vast majority of SIVs for his term.

No viable alternative has been presented that did not involve remobilizing troops to Pre January levels.

Keeping Bagram in addition to Kabul would require more troops and provides no added protection against suicide bombers at the evacuee interface.

Using Bagram instead of Kabul would have exposed more than a hundred thousand people to more dangerous situations than a single suicide bomber, including our troops and not eliminated suicide bombers.

As far as destroying all the equipment we provided to the Afghan army, would you have done that before, during or after their demise? Don't you think the Taliban would have noticed that the Afghan army was being disarmed?

We sold Blackhawks to China 20 years ago, and the Russians have had the basics for over 30.
The Super Tucano is Brazilian and on sale for 20 years.

More than 100K people (and likely substantially more) were killed during the U.S. presence in Afghanistan. Congress reflexively spent billions each year with no real oversight. Where was your universal outrage and condemnation during 20 years of horror and incompetence?

We're out, it's over, lets make sure we don't go try and setup a new Government again, though given our record I don't have a lot of faith.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin