Thread: Disaster
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 09:02 AM   #360
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Almost 25% of daily US COVID deaths are in Florida. This wave is striking because it is pretty hard to go above pre-vaccination waves. It's almost double.

Thankfully has not happened in any other state. In fact, very few countries have had this happen either.
i went to your NY times link, looked at deaths all time, FL was 216 per 100k, NY is 278, which is 29% higher. CT is 235 per 100k, MA s 265 per 100k.

According to your link, FL has a better death rate than NY, CT, MA. And florida’s businesses didn’t shut down like we did, Florida’s kids didn’t miss nearly as much school.

That’s called “winning.”

you’re either lying or cherry picking. or maybe too stupid to figure out your own link.

florida’s inception to date death rate, isn’t in the top 10. i know that drives you crazy, but facts don’t care if they make you crazy. they’re still facts.

Desantis is taking big chances in my book. But as of now. he is winning. that may well change, and if it does, i’ll immediately acknowledge he blew it. unlike you, i don’t have a problem criticizing those in my side when they deserve it.

But as of right now, Desantis gets higher marks than Cuomo who was hailed as a hero.

case counts don’t matter. deaths matter. who cares if someone gets covid but has no symptoms?

no sane person would
rather live in a state with lower case coubts, higher death rates, and which is quick to shut down schools
and businesses. not if they could choose a state with higher cases, lower death rates, where businesses are open and kids are learning.

You. Lose.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-07-2021 at 09:08 AM..