View Single Post
Old 12-11-2020, 10:07 PM   #226
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Does the SCOTUS decision please you? Is the process playing out constitutionally? So far it seems so to me. Does that mean that SCOTUS is actually making the "right" decision. No. But it is the decision. And that's how it works . . . and still working. Relax. Your side is winning. That may not be what's best for preserving our Constitutional Republic. So be it. All things come to an end.

I'm not looking with favor to our looming Progressive Administrative State. And I doubt that most, or even many, know what that means.
Go ahead and be very afraid
But look back at history
The Whig Party fractured and died in the 1850s over slavery. Will the Republican Party fracture and die in the 2020s over democracy?
They certainly have demonstrated their belief in autocracy.

And don’t get too frantic, history has shown that the American experiment self centers every so often and the people on both edges get over it or buckle down and get to work to sway things in the direction they believe is correct.
Or they can just play the victim card
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Pete F.; 12-11-2020 at 10:13 PM..

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin