View Single Post
Old 10-26-2020, 02:44 PM   #195
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
You mean like the hypocrisy of the GOP stopping a Supreme Court appointment saying that close to the election it just shouldn’t be done but it’s ok for them now. Listen to the Republicans running in 2016, they knew who Trump was and all those same hypocrites now kiss his authoritarian arse. Just afraid of loosing the power, loosing your moral standard, the rule of law or plain common decency is ok. People in class houses shouldn’t be throwing stones.
I said 100 times, that because of the wording the GOP used with Garland, that makes them hypoicrites.

Now, can you admit that Biden is also a hypocrite on the issue? Biden came up with the 'Biden rule' where he said that Supreme Court nominations should not be made in an election year, and if a president made a nomination, the senate should block that nomination. That's exactly, precisely what the Senate Republicans did with Garland, they abided by the Biden rule.

Then in 2016, Biden flip flopped, saying an election year nomination was OK. Now hes saying its not OK. So you please tell me GS, what is Bidens position on this issue?

Answer - his position is the same as the Republican position, they will say whatever helps them in that moment. No principles.

I admitted the Senate Republicans were hypocrites. Please explain to all of us, how Biden isn't just as big a hypocrite.