Thread: Oh boy....
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 08:47 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
It’s important to you, not to Trump. There’s no guarantee he’d even have the votes and a loss right before the election would seriously deflate a lot of enthusiasm in the base. Won’t be able to blame that on a rigged election either.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

this is the most pro life president in history. he doesn’t want to replace ginsburg with a conservative?

you’re right, he might not have the votes, which is why i said very clearly that not having the votes is the only way he doesn’t nominate someone. i completely agree a thumbs down vote on. a nominee would be a disaster before the election. obviously.

if he has the votes, this is a disaster for the democrats. in addition to having the court shift, they are in a no win situation. if they give his female nominee the kavanaugh treatment just before the election, undecided voters may get turned off. if they don’t give her the kavanaugh treatment, they run the risk of angering the progressive wing of their base, who aren’t thrilled with biden already.

a disaster. their only hope is trump not having the votes. which could
happen, especially with susan colins up for re election. that's the democrats only hope.

what does joe manchin do? he voted for kavanaugh.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device