View Single Post
Old 04-17-2020, 04:54 AM   #28
scottw

this is classic.....

New Jersey governor Phil Murphy said he “wasn’t thinking of the Bill of Rights” while implementing social-distancing measures — writing off any constitutional considerations as being “above his pay grade.”

Murphy made the comments during a Fox News interview with Tucker Carlson on Wednesday night, in response to Carlson questioning the constitutionality of his executive order. “That’s above my pay grade, Tucker,” Murphy responded. “I wasn’t thinking of the Bill of Rights when we did this. . . . We went to the scientists who said people have to stay away from each other.”

and

A group of sheriffs announced they will not enforce some of Democratic Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's executive orders on the same day thousands rallied against state-mandated shelter-in-place orders outside the state Capitol in Lansing.

Sheriffs Mike Borkovich, Ted Schendel, Ken Falk, and Kim Cole of Michigan's 101st District released a press statement Wednesday afternoon detailing what they said was their decision to place their oath to the Constitution above Whitmer's wishes.

I heard she's on the list for biden veeps

Last edited by scottw; 04-17-2020 at 05:11 AM..