View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 08:03 AM   #39
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

To say Trump set things in motion is giving him much too much credit. He is but a player in the current act, of a play that has been going on for centuries... The administration came in with a list, and undoing the Iran nuclear deal, was on that list. Many felt the deal was not in our best interest and that the US did not negotiate from a position of strength.

In the end, I have ALWAYS believed the Iranians were doing exactly what they wanted to do regarding their nuclear aspirations despite the deal. I have felt the same about North Korea. Hell, I knew the athletes from Soviet bloc countries were doing their doping when they came to international competitions. They all lie to our face...

Back to current events. I don't believe anyone had a long range plan that included this assassination, nor the shooting down of a Ukrainian passenger jet in Tehran. Making the best decisions with the immediate conditions to achieve one's goals is the challenge, for everyone, not just heads of state. This is unscripted and some moves are based on how best to effect the ends the administration wishes to meet. As we all know by now, the ends don't always justify the means.... Or do they? That is more easily answered when the ends are met, which clearly hasn't been achieved, yet.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.