View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 09:50 PM   #205
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i think it’s a stretch. he’s allowed to ask other governments to do him favors. did FDR commit an impeachable offense by colluding with england to win WWII?

this isn’t that obviously. but what’s also in our faces, is the likelihood that hunter biden profited handsomely from his father’s position.

again, if we could
have one standard that applies to both parties, that would be very helpful.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
1. The emoluments clause prohibits the President from receiving personal favors of value. “And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.” Feel free to look at a definition of emoluments, preferably from before 1800, we are originalists I suppose, though Trump’s violations of the emoluments clause extends further than that and is evident in the telecom released today.
2. You have bought into Trump’s narrative re Biden and his son. If Trump wants to claim that others profited, he should start by not doing the thing he denigrates with his family. 666 West Avenue and it’s refinancing would be a good start. Ivankas trademarks, Don Jr’s deal in Indonesia, etc.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin