Thread: #SummaCumLiar
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 03:56 PM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Do you subscribe to some sort of irrational, Trump-bashers feed?

Just look outside State News

Your declined to admit a correlation between corporate tax cuts and corporate investment.

(1) did it mention the investment undertaken by companies whose CEO's said clearly, that additional investment was directly because of the tax cuts? Comcast, which owns NBC and NBC and is therefore no Trump boot licker, announced massive investments and said it was because of the tax cuts. Bloomberg might not like that, that's there problem.

Anecdotal evidence doesn’t make it true market wide. Farmers and farm equipment and supply dealers did not increase investments.

(2) How about increased consumer spending? Some consumer spending was triggered by tax cuts, and some corporate investments were undertaken because of consumer spending.

Anecdotal evidence doesn’t make it market wide. It’s like saying global warming doesn’t exist because we had a cold snap.

It's pretty hard to predict what the economy would have done, had things been different. Lots of moving pieces.
You’re right, it might have stopped it’s growth.
Perhaps what he did enabled it to continue the upward movement.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin