Thread: Double standard
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 08:37 AM   #70
Jim in CT

Lastly Paul, some of the taunting by Trump supporters, is defensive. I'm so sick of the left trying to label us all as haters, that even I want to buy a MAGA hat and walk around the Wesleyan campus wearing it, saying "nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah" to everyone. DO you really not see what the liberal politicians and the media have done to the level of discourse since they turned on Bush? Trump has taken it to new lows without doubt, but it's been a long long time since political discourse was ethical. Hilary's deplorables comment was a perfect example. Obama said "Republicans gotta stop just hating all the time".

I think conservatives got tired of getting hit below the belt, so they nominated someone who could win in the arena of dirty fighting.

That doesn't explain all of it, not even close. But there is some of that. I don't know many conservatives who don't feel that way. Look at what happened to Kavanaugh, look at what happened to the Covington kids, look at the questions NBC asked the Sandman kid (very challenging questions, painted him as the aggressor), and the stupid softball questions she asked Phillips.

It hasn't been fair for a few years. The conservatives finally took off the gloves and put on brass knuckles, and the left wasn't expecting it. And they can't deal with it, they thought only they were allowed to fight dirty.