View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 01:45 PM   #120
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
That may be you esoteric definition of political lying. Which, ironically, seems to claim that before Trump politicians didn't really lie. They just miscalculated. Or disagreed with "alternative facts." Of course, Trump cannot create alternative facts based on what he perceives as available data. But that's neither here nor there.

I mean by lies, actual lies. And politicians, as ever, know when they intentionally twist truth, or omit facts, as they always do if it is necessary to promote their agenda, and as media types do to promote theirs. "Blatant" lies, twisted or omitted facts, are all lies. And they have been the tactic of politicians, and media, and the vast majority of human beings for that matter, to convince others as to their (phony) veracity.

Your slick, sick, twisted definition of political lying is an excellent demonstration of con artistry.
Trump’s lying far surpasses any predecessors on quantity alone.
Far too many of his claims have no factual basis.
Anyone else would be embarrassed to be caught, and not just double down on the BS.

The downfall of General Donnie Bonespurs long con is coming.
I figure he’s going to show up on TV sooner or later in a uniform with epaulets so I’ve given him a new nickname and don’t worry:

The Meme is Coming

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin