Thread: Is this true??
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 04:13 PM   #219
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
If you read what he actually said, rather than just some right wing blog with the "you'll never believe what this celebrity said..." advertisements you'd see that Obama was speaking about the broader civil rights movement that had been building for some time.

It's actually a very good speech.
Per the text of Obama’s 2007 speech:

“This young man named Barack Obama got one of those tickets [to study in the U.S.], and he met this woman who’s great-great-great-great grandfather had owned slaves,” he said.

“But she had a different idea. There’s some good craziness going on, because they looked at each other and they decided that we know that in the world that it has been it might not be possible for us to get together and have a child. But something’s stirring across the country because of what happened in Selma, Alabama because some folks are willing to march across a bridge. in 1965 So they got together… and poof Barack Obama, Jr. was born.in 1961

“So don’t tell me I don’t have a claim on Selma, Alabama. (because I can time travel)Don’t tell me I’m not coming home when I come to Selma, Alabama for the first time. I’m here because somebody marched for our freedom. I’m here because somebody marched for me. I stand on the shoulders of giants,” he continued.

Last edited by scottw; 11-09-2015 at 04:40 PM..