View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 08:41 AM   #34
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but republicans have been the biggest contributors to the national debt. Clinton took a massive deficit and turned it around to a surplus, then W racked on a 1.5 trillion deficit, which Obama has reduced by a whole lot, yet republicans seem to think that they stand for small government.
It's ok to have corporate welfare but we're all doomed if people are looked after. Got it.....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
OK. Your wrong. First, you mix debt and deficit. The National Debt and the Federal deficit are two different things. In terms of the debt, under Obama the amount has risen vastly more than under Bush or any other President.

As for deficit:http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesgla...ts-truly-rank/

Corporate welfare and people welfare have the same effect. They give a boost to particular corporations or people at the expense of other businesses or people. On the other hand, they create a weakness in all of them. Their "successes" depend on government rather than on themselves. And as a system of governance, it generally weakens the "fiber" of a society and strengthens the power of government over the people. A basic safety net might be compassionate and even helpful, but creeping beyond that and growing into a way of life, it destroys the core of a free society.