View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 02:22 PM   #12
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
the snow that we had was powder....anybody that charged for 2-3 per swipe ripped off the client....
besides with that storm where were ya going(no place)my driveway is 40x70 feet and U can find plow guys that will come once after the storm and clear the yard very nicely....)

Noticed in my area some plow guys took the for sale sign down on their new truck....good for a couple payments.

Got to disagree.
A storm that last 30+ hrs who knows how much snow there will be piled up to move at the end of the storm.
Keep in mind, these fools on tv forecasting snow storms are the same fools forecasting wind & sea conditions for boaters.
I got done with my trucks being on with the state for 34 hrs straight, when I finally got home it took me 1 1/2 hrs to plow my own house with a 6 wheel dump with 9ft plow.
Had 4ft + banks high at the 2 different entrances I had from the streets being plowed.
Years ago I had 1 truck doing a big driveway route and 1 or 2 other trucks on with my town.
ONLY good thing about doing driveways is there was some cash involved getting paid.
Couldn't get me to do driveways again with bitching people, you didn't show up soon enough, you damaged my lawn, moving cars for them...
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote