View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 10:33 AM   #10
pbadad

No bubbling when dipping. I have been using KBS for 4 years and when we started custom turning bats, I researched one part clear coats and on advice of a popular plug builder, I contacted the company. My concern was using over wood and holding up to abuse. One point he did make was to allow any paint to thoroughly dry/cure prior to overcoating w/ clear coat. This allows ample time for gassing out which help stop bubbling. Any bats we paint, we wait 4 days. Haven't had any returns for paint flaws. On lures, 3 coats is recommended for saltwater immersion. I will add a 20% thinning w/ KBS thinner is a great sealer/hardener. Sanded w/220 grit then coated w/ full strength, one coat. Many customers prefer a satin sanded finish 220 grit rather than a overcoat of full strength for aesthetics. This clear coat is amazing to keep clean. Hitting tee mark, balls and bat marks wipe off with a cleaner. Xylol cleans par tar right off too. may only bitch is the storing. I have numerous times spoken to the company for a better container or dispensing. At $60.00 a qt. , I meticulously store by vacuum sealing in canning jars. Hope this long winded post helps.

Billy D.
pbadad is offline   Reply With Quote