View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 07:21 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
of course I could. But I don't think I would find any list that was accurate given the Koch brothers are able to hide their donations. Fishpart made the statement that they aren't even in the top 10 (and some statement about "smoke screens") so I'm assuming somehow he has was able to find a list.
Paul, let's say that the Koch brothers are the top donors in the country. Can we agree on two things?

(1) as far as I know, no one is suggesting that their contributions broke any laws.

(2) They are donating money to either advance a cause that they are sympathetic to, or they are trying to buy some influence. This makes them no different than just about everyone else who donates money.

If we agree on those 2 things, why does a United States senator, have any business attacking them, on the floor of the US Senate? Is it the stated business of the Obama administration, to officially wage war on those who disagree with them?

I would expect all Democrats to oppose the Koch brothers. That doesn't mean public officials have any right to use public resources to attack them.

How is that not fascist?