View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 08:37 AM   #3
numbskull
Oblivious // Grunt, Grunt Master

Billy, before you wrap a vapor trail get a KLH25, KLH 12, KLM8 (cheap $) throw them on the rod (anglersresource GPS can give you an estimate for the collector location) and see what you think.

I just fooled with taping some on a built 11 ft rod I have down cellar. Looks to me that for a ZB25 you could try the 25KLH at 33.5" from the stem, the 12LH 13.25" out, the 8KLM 9.75", the 8KB choke 8.75" out and go from there. Tweak the positions to get a concentric run then slide the 4 guides in and out a bit as a set to see how the rod performs. The 25 looks large and close to me (I am now use to using LC20 or 16M as collectors pretty far out) and the 25-12 drop a bit much (but FUJI says it is fine), but I'll bet it casts as well as anything else you can put on the rod and probably will cut your tip weight in half. I've not tried it yet, however, since I don't have an unbuilt 11 ft blank laying around.

The KW guides seem just too big and too heavy, or too big and too low to do things right for braid.

Last edited by numbskull; 02-09-2014 at 09:59 AM..
numbskull is offline   Reply With Quote