Thread: Game Changer
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 09:06 AM   #18
N.ShoreFisher
Annisquam Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorM View Post
Funny thing is I hate all turning. I like everything else. I have been running lathes for 35 years on a daily basis. The thrill is gone for me. Always happy to get past that stage but I can see if you didn't do what I do for a living how you could enjoy it. I like a dup because it gets me past that stage with the ability to make precision copies of the plug I am making and thus allowing the fixturing and next stages to go smoothly. Fixtures really work smoothly and flawlessly when you have the same exact thing going in them. It is really the KEY to good fixtures and the dup helps in that. Now some don't care how accurate they are and I have no problem with that it is suppose to be fun and I get it but I have a hard time getting out of my work mode no matter what I am making, wish I could some times but old habits are hard to break. My motto is if you are going to do it do it right. Takes as much time to do a hack job as it does to do it right.
I just wish our CNC department would heed the above advise but at this point I have given up.
Well I can't speak for others, but for me, your attention to detail and precision is always welcome and greatly appreciated here, especially for those of us(myself) that don't have a natural inclination to be perfect. It pushes us to do better work.

Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job. ~Paul Schullery

There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process. ~Paul O'Neil, 1965
N.ShoreFisher is offline   Reply With Quote