View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 01:40 PM   #12
Saltheart

I have been disappointed with my Sears purchases lately. Between poor quality product and screwed up details and cancelled and rescheduled deliveries it gets pretty annoying. I still buy select stuff there but less than half of what I used to in years past.

I find the mechanics hand tools to still be good but I had to return a drill press that was advertised as 2" plus travel but actually only had slightly more than 1.5" spindle travel. Since I bought it for a specific job that needed the full 2 inches I brought it back. Guy who was handling the return insisted it had the advertised travel and took me to the floor display to show me. Of course it didn't work and the guy was all disgusted at the tool after he couldn't get it to do as advertised. I got the money back. The Kenmore fridge I bought makes all kinds of noise. Its loud in general but pops and whistles liker it has asthma sometimes. I'll give it credit that my electric bill did drop (Energy Star rated) but the noise is comical at best (when its not annoying).

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote