View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #11
Slipknot
Super Moderator

I didn't think you were blaming Dave. when I was new at this with the entries, i made lots of mistakes also, tapes over fish, very crooked tapes in the pics but I thought there was a certain amount of honesty and integrity expected and that I would be believed if i entered a 30" fish and the numbers weren't perfect on the tape in the pic lined up with tail and head. Eventually I caught on to how it's done but at first I am positive Dave was willing or able to cut some slack seeing that the tape was scrunched up and maybe the tape reads 36" and i said it was 34", whatever the case may have been.
I Think it's very presumptuous of you to call out certain entries as being blatant cheating or purposely trying to gain an inch or 2. Screwing up all the requirements can be easy to do when you are sleep deprived and not thinking clearly. One other thing about tapes with bends in them, I should do a test set of photos showing actually how little it adds to the measurement when the tape is bent or placed over a fish, believe me it is miniscule.

We had entries questioned and points deducted and it cost us a weekly win, but we go with the flow and do the best we can. You have to accept how things are and how things are ruled.

maybe it can be done with camera angles or something, I don't know.
I do know poor camera angles make lots of our fish appear shorter.

Next year videos won't be allowed I think.

I'm gonna use one of those folding tape measures if I do this again.

Maybe I should have not said anything so as not to take anything away from Andy's thread.

anyway, it's a lot of fun, you should join next year.

thanks Bob, we are not familiar with that punk rock, we are just a couple of misfits

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote