Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Grumpy Old Pharts Board (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Happy Valentines Day (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=98668)

Rmarsh 02-14-2023 12:21 PM

Happy Valentines Day

Been married 46 years.....together for 50. We are still in love. Respect and act kindly to each other. I made her breakfast as usual.....got down on my knees and told her I absolutely adore her.
No flowers no chocolates no presents.

piemma 02-14-2023 12:43 PM

55 years this June. Bought her roses, chocolates and a card and I cooked lunch/dnner. should be good or about 3 weeks. ;)

Got Stripers 02-14-2023 01:49 PM

Well I don’t have that time into my second go around but after 14 years, she can still put up with me and we are still in love. Every 2-3 years I write her a poem and order it on good paper from a message in a bottle company, sometime it’s rose petals inside and other times sea shells. I don’t do it every year or it wouldn’t be a surprise. Brings tears each time she reads one.

Rmarsh 02-14-2023 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemma (Post 1239137)
55 years this June. Bought her roses, chocolates and a card and I cooked lunch/dnner. should be good or about 3 weeks. ;)

I tip my hat to you both!.....there is a lot to be said about that kind of dedication. How did you two meet?
I tell mine that I got the girl I wanted....after my first glance at her in eighth grade.
I just sent her a text...a little suggestive..(sexting)?..I thought it was romantic.
She said it was creepy...

piemma 02-15-2023 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rmarsh (Post 1239140)
I tip my hat to you both!.....there is a lot to be said about that kind of dedication. How did you two meet?
I tell mine that I got the girl I wanted....after my first glance at her in eighth grade.
I just sent her a text...a little suggestive..(sexting)?..I thought it was romantic.
She said it was creepy...

Met Jeanne through a friend of hers that I worked with at Mammoth Mart. Sandy went to RIC with Jeanne. I worked there part time after high school and before I enlisted.
That was Jan 66.

Rmarsh 02-15-2023 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemma (Post 1239149)
Met Jeanne through a friend of hers that I worked with at Mammoth Mart. Sandy went to RIC with Jeanne. I worked there part time after high school and before I enlisted.
That was Jan 66.

Wow! I was in eight grade in '69 when I met Donna......had to admire her from afar as I was too young and shy..when I did step up and make my move....she suggested we wait....and try dating others before we get too serious....that happened in '73 and we married in '77. Never regretted that decision. I thank God every morning when I know she is there ...lying beside me.

God has blessed us with our life long partners. Cant imagine how difficult parting will be.

piemma 02-15-2023 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rmarsh (Post 1239151)
Wow! I was in eight grade in '69 when I met Donna......had to admire her from afar as I was too young and shy..when I did step up and make my move....she suggested we wait....and try dating others before we get too serious....that happened in '73 and we married in '77. Never regretted that decision. I thank God every morning when I know she is there ...lying beside me.

God has blessed us with our life long partners. Cant imagine how difficult parting will be.

Hope I go before her!