Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Grumpy Old Pharts Board (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   #^&#^&#^&#^& you Sears #^&#^&#^&#^& you! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=84199)

ThrowingTimber 11-13-2013 04:22 PM

#^&#^&#^&#^& you Sears #^&#^&#^&#^& you!

#^&#^&#^&#^& you Sears #^&#^&#^&#^& you!

yesterday early am order part. It will cost this much and you will get it the 21st.

Me: uhh 21st not acceptable, I need it tomorrow.

sears chick: ok that will be 44.97 for guaranteed overnight delivery.

Me: #^&#^&#^&#^& thats a #^&#^&#^&#^& ton of money for a part that weighs less than a pound but I need it ok, send it guaranteed overnight, guaranteed delivery by noon.

Today:
Me: yeah hi sears my part isnt here yet...

sears chick: oh thats on back order until the 18th.

Me: I paid you extra to have it here today...

sears chick: sorry but the person who took your order should have told you.... we can refund you the overnight charge..

me: fine thanks, so when do I get my part...

Sears chick: we wont get it ourselves until the 18th..

#^&#^&#^&#^& you Sears #^&#^&#^&#^& you!#^&#^&#^&#^& you Sears #^&#^&#^&#^& you!#^&#^&#^&#^& you Sears #^&#^&#^&#^& you!#^&#^&#^&#^& you Sears #^&#^&#^&#^& you!#^&#^&#^&#^& you Sears #^&#^&#^&#^& you!#^&#^&#^&#^& you Sears #^&#^&#^&#^& you!#^&#^&#^&#^& you Sears #^&#^&#^&#^& you!#^&#^&#^&#^& you Sears #^&#^&#^&#^& you!#^&#^&#^&#^& you Sears #^&#^&#^&#^& you!#^&#^&#^&#^& you Sears #^&#^&#^&#^& you!#^&#^&#^&#^& you Sears #^&#^&#^&#^& you!#^&#^&#^&#^& you Sears #^&#^&#^&#^& you!#^&#^&#^&#^& you Sears #^&#^&#^&#^& you!#^&#^&#^&#^& you Sears #^&#^&#^&#^& you!#^&#^&#^&#^& you Sears #^&#^&#^&#^& you!

Jackbass 11-13-2013 04:43 PM

Yes I hate that store as well. And Crapsman also
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRBuzz 11-13-2013 05:29 PM

What is this part that ONLY Sears has?

flyvice11787 11-13-2013 07:48 PM

Thanks for the laugh. Sorry for your predicament.

Raven 11-13-2013 10:02 PM

DON'T TELL ME IT WAS A STOVE PART.....

FishermanTim 11-14-2013 11:27 AM

It's a shame that a store that used to be a cornerstone of American "do it yourself" has degenerated into the yoke-stone of "Go f*ck yourself".

They make K-Mart and Walmart look good by comparison, and that's just sad!

Mike P 11-14-2013 08:44 PM

They are K-Mart now.

BigBo 11-14-2013 09:01 PM

I remember a time when the sales people in stores like Sears actually knew something about the product they sold. Same goes for home improvement stores. :smash:

FishermanTim 11-15-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBo (Post 1021568)
I remember a time when the sales people in stores like Sears actually knew something about the product they sold. Same goes for home improvement stores. :smash:

Yeah, and when you ask them about a product or service they have to FIND someone that knows, and 99% of the time the person with the answer doesn't work there!

Mike P 11-15-2013 04:47 PM

Crapsman and Kenless. Mostly just re-badged Chinese junk now.

Do they still make those good hand tools, even?

ThrowingTimber 11-22-2013 01:44 PM

#^&#^&#^&#^& sears parts direct! $260 + $44.97 for expedited shipping.

twin city in providence: $93 and $5 expedited shipping and they didnt want any money until they got the part in. They call you once they have it.

Saltheart 11-29-2013 01:40 PM

I have been disappointed with my Sears purchases lately. Between poor quality product and screwed up details and cancelled and rescheduled deliveries it gets pretty annoying. I still buy select stuff there but less than half of what I used to in years past.

I find the mechanics hand tools to still be good but I had to return a drill press that was advertised as 2" plus travel but actually only had slightly more than 1.5" spindle travel. Since I bought it for a specific job that needed the full 2 inches I brought it back. Guy who was handling the return insisted it had the advertised travel and took me to the floor display to show me. Of course it didn't work and the guy was all disgusted at the tool after he couldn't get it to do as advertised. I got the money back. The Kenmore fridge I bought makes all kinds of noise. Its loud in general but pops and whistles liker it has asthma sometimes. I'll give it credit that my electric bill did drop (Energy Star rated) but the noise is comical at best (when its not annoying).

Swimmer 12-01-2013 05:07 PM

Never buy an appliance from Sears again, ever. Last one was a dish washer, had to be repaired a week after we got it, and then company ordered repair guy to not replace the board, but try something else first. Two weeks later the guy came back and replaced the board. His original quick fix lasted only one day. Dishwasher only lasted three years total. Bought new one at Kahian's in Middleborough and it works awesome. Highly recommend doing business there.

Duke41 12-02-2013 12:47 AM

Purchased a table saw back in 1992. Had it delivered to my home. Could not put together because it was a collection of parts from 2 different models, neither was the model I ordered. Sears we spell quality with a K!

FishermanTim 12-02-2013 11:37 AM

How can they stay in business with business like that???

You couldn't pay me to shop there, and I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy!

fishbones 12-05-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swimmer (Post 1023284)
Never buy an appliance from Sears again, ever. Last one was a dish washer, had to be repaired a week after we got it, and then company ordered repair guy to not replace the board, but try something else first. Two weeks later the guy came back and replaced the board. His original quick fix lasted only one day. Dishwasher only lasted three years total. Bought new one at Kahian's in Middleborough and it works awesome. Highly recommend doing business there.

It took them 14 months to install this guys dishwasher.
http://dishwashers.reviewed.com/feat...utm_medium=cpc