Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Plug Building - Got Wood? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Michael's didn't have Etex (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=82331)

Swimmer 05-17-2013 02:59 PM

Michael's didn't have Etex

Stopped at the Avon store after the bi-monthly Costco venture, I and the clerk couldn't locate Etex. Went to Hanover and ditto. Very disappointing. Anyone have any idea. In Hanover it was always over on the right side of the store, isle 44, down on the bottom shelf. Nada, gal couldn't help me. After getting home I look it up and it is referred to as a jewelry resin. Wonder now if they moved it from the glue section to another part of the store. Any recent visits by any of the guys here into Michael's for Etex? I need it bad................

Nebe 05-17-2013 03:17 PM

Try flex coat.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Swimmer 05-17-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 999201)
Try flex coat.

Thanks Nebe, I do have some of that from rod building. I will have to probably get some more of that as well shortly. May just Amazon it like so many other things.

Pete F. 05-17-2013 04:36 PM

Aubuchons usually has one of the 50 in one epoxies

Linesider82 05-17-2013 11:01 PM

I bought big2 part kit at Michaels a month ago

O.D. Mike 05-18-2013 03:57 PM

Frank, try AC Moore at Westgate mall.

chefchris401 05-18-2013 04:11 PM

Frank the michaels near me can never find it, they don't hire anyone who knows what it is.

It's in the isle with spray paints, molds and foam brushes usually.

pbadad 05-19-2013 07:00 AM

Frank, high build flexcoat is mainly what I use. Been using it for a few yeras since an inquiry phonecall to Roger at Flexcoat on an unrelated question. Subject of lure building came up and he asked what I was using. Suggested I try a product. Sent me 2 quarts free. Never told me what it was. I was running low and went to order more but didn't see it on their website. Called Roger to tell him the success I've been having with the product and concern I didn't see it listed on the site. He told me it's high build Flexcoat. Try it, you may "like it".

fishing bum wannabe 05-19-2013 03:07 PM

Michaels in hanover had lots the last time I was there which was only a month ago. Its on the left hand side of the main isle going to the back of the store on the right side of the store.

Swimmer 05-19-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishing bum wannabe (Post 999441)
Michaels in hanover had lots the last time I was there which was only a month ago. Its on the left hand side of the main isle going to the back of the store on the right side of the store.

Isle 44 on the right side of the s right. I am looking for two 8 oz. containers. Not little one oz. tubes of the stuff. I have a feeling it was there somewhere but the girls didn't have a clue or it had run out and no one reordered, which at that store is par for the course. I am going to call sometime mon. or tues. and check with the manager. Ask her/him to check on the stock inventory on the computor before I go over. Have enought for two more runs then I am done until I replenish.