Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Plug Building - Got Wood? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   This "Is" the Place - 2012 (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=75772)

Sgt Striper 01-30-2012 08:50 AM

This "Is" the Place - 2012

How about it? Get the Sunday morning chat going again. It's too damn quiet here!

Rockfish9 01-30-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgt Striper (Post 917925)
How about it? Get the Sunday morning chat going again. It's too damn quiet here!

it won't be the same without Big fish Larry...I miss his posts..

BigFish 01-30-2012 11:52 AM

I will pop in now and then....lets do this! Still building some cool stuff here! Retro copies of Snook Baits, Creek Chub, and some Flaptails to name a few! :uhuh: Working on a Pikie and some Polaris poppers!:uhuh:

Rockfish9 01-30-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFish (Post 917968)
I will pop in now and then....lets do this! Still building some cool stuff here! Retro copies of Snook Baits, Creek Chub, and some Flaptails to name a few! :uhuh: Working on a Pikie and some Polaris poppers!:uhuh:

Awesome... glad to see ya posting big guy!Nancy asks me at least once a week if you have been posting..

Swimmer 01-30-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

This is what it took to get Larry out of hiding, cool.

Muskyslayer96 01-30-2012 06:30 PM

Hey fellas,
Can you fill in a newer member on This "Is" the place?
Sundays?

MS

BigFish 01-30-2012 07:35 PM

We had a thread last winter called..."Is This The Place?" and it was a Sunday morning plug building discussion where us builders would grab our morning coffee and talk about plugs! Do a search...its an informative and fun thread! See you Sunday morning!:uhuh:

tysdad115 01-30-2012 07:48 PM

A Bigfish pikie? I am so in on that...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Chunkah 01-30-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFish (Post 918081)
builders would grab our morning coffee and talk about plugs!

I thought that's what M&D's was for?

I'm in....what time Sunday am?

Sgt Striper 01-30-2012 09:40 PM

So it shall be!! See everyone on Sunday morning. Hope this is a good year for everyone, and best part is Larry's back!

Muskyslayer96 01-31-2012 06:04 AM

AWESOME!!

MS

Rockfish9 01-31-2012 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgt Striper (Post 918108)
So it shall be!! See everyone on Sunday morning. Hope this is a good year for everyone, and best part is Larry's back!

I'll probably be ice fishing, as this is the last weekend before the derby and I'm torn on my exact location... if i'm home... i'll boot up the 'puter... and yes.. glad to have larry back!

Charleston 01-31-2012 03:48 PM

I'd like to sit in myself. We can talk Patriots this week. :jump1:

the greek 01-31-2012 06:42 PM

I really enjoyed the last two years of this. There was some great back and forth conversation and I learned something every week. I'll tune in Sunday morning.

shark lobster 01-31-2012 07:20 PM

is every one welcome even new builders like me?

ProfessorM 01-31-2012 07:49 PM

yup

iamskippy 01-31-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muskyslayer96 (Post 918071)
Hey fellas,
Can you fill in a newer member on This "Is" the place?
Sundays?

MS

talk about plug building, whats on the bench what problems you are having idea's. oldies newbies.

Does anyone have a link to last years thread?

maybe a sticky with all the years linked to the respective posts?

i.e

ProfessorM 01-31-2012 08:31 PM

last years is two post below this

Sgt Striper 02-01-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tysdad115 (Post 918088)
A Bigfish pikie? I am so in on that...

Maybe discuss "Pikie's" this Sunday?

BigFish 02-05-2012 07:53 AM

7:52am....coffee in hand? Anyone there???:gu:

BigFish 02-05-2012 08:02 AM

Headed out to my shop by 9:00am! Blues on Sunday on the radio and work on a few classic copies and organize the shop a bit! :uhuh:

trevier 02-05-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFish (Post 919023)
Headed out to my shop by 9:00am! Blues on Sunday on the radio and work on a few classic copies and organize the shop a bit! :uhuh:

Sunday morning blues with carter allen on 100.7, great morning show indeed,

BigFish 02-05-2012 08:12 AM

Yeah! Matt you spend the morning sorting your beautiful collection?? Have you tried building yourself Matt??

ProfessorM 02-05-2012 09:05 AM

hello to all and a Happy New Year Lawrence. Home from church, wood stove filled, breakfast gone, some plugs in sealer already. Got some hand finishing, sandpaper work, and I hope to have 3 more batches in sealer today. Pretty much done turning for this year. Heck I didn't even need to turn any this year as I got a large stock pile of plugs already turned from last few years. Got a bunch of darters still need the top slope cut which I do at work on the band saw. My drill press hole drilling V block fixture has worked out swimmingly and allows me not to have to do any more of that at work. Got a couple vintage things in the mix in case we have a plug contest thing this year at plugfest and I also have a few weird mutant things I am hoping work good but still in process, head scratching, stage. I have also been very busy after work making and hopefully finishing 4 fly vises. I will be offering one up to the site for a raffle. You can see it at plugfest, and I will post some pics here on main forum when I get it done this week hopefully, and the winner to be picked at too cold to fish nite so make sure you get in on it as it is to benefit the site and we had such great involvement when I did it a couple years ago. Well that is all from here in Lakeville where all the women are strong and all the men are good looking. Peace. P.

shark lobster 02-05-2012 09:38 AM

good am guys whats the topic this week ,, great to be here as a new builder i learn alot from yall

Sgt Striper 02-05-2012 09:40 AM

Finish cleaning shop up today and take inventory of the wood supply, and maybe remake my spinner. I have about 2 dozen plugs primed and ready for paint. Two small Banana's have been test swam and they need to be finished along with 6 large one's. First year for the duplicator, and thanks to Paul for the carbide cutter, it works great! Slight redesign on my large Pikie and I will be turning 7 3/4" Nike Jr's also. Going to attempt a darter or two, that should be fun, and needles for the fall (didn't have enough last year!) Working the 3 big shows here in Jersey for Century and my local shop.

trevier 02-05-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFish (Post 919025)
Yeah! Matt you spend the morning sorting your beautiful collection?? Have you tried building yourself Matt??

hi larry, go pats, haven't tried building yet, was down at mike's yesterday and he offered to show me around his shop and how he did things, which I thought was really nice of him, had to take a rain check though, and I have absolutely no space in my basement, I need to build my barn in my side yard then I can build out there, GO PATS, :pats2:

rayndogg 02-05-2012 10:27 AM

heading to the shop now for a bit.. what a mess have i feeling theres gonna be a lot of kindling wood. thengotta get my but moving on some peanuts im doing for a swap.

rene

WoodyCT 02-05-2012 10:39 AM

Junior is running a fever so no hockey game today. Feeling about 87% myself, so going to be a lazy day after I take my boy for a throat culture.

Maybe get into the garage and make a mess hand shaping some Azek into gliders. Got a few protos that zig and zag great, but trying to find the right shape and balance to get a nice side to side swim at slow speed. Going to try concave sides instead of straight. Will do that on a spindle sander at school, one of the last remnants of the old wood shop not to be sold off as we now train kids for "21st century" skills. :-(

GO PATS!

m+mhammer 02-05-2012 11:07 AM

This is the place

Hi. Has anyone tried to make a duplicator like a vega ? I'm sure it has a pattern so I don't want to copy it. Thanks Mike.