Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Christmas on South Beach!!!! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=74707)

MarshCappa 12-02-2011 10:35 AM

Christmas on South Beach!!!!

I can't wait for some much needed R&R. Taking the family down for a Christmas Vacation! My wifes bonus money well spent! HAHA

Miami Suites Hotel | The Alexander Hotel | Miami Beach, FL

Raven 12-02-2011 11:16 AM

just remember that it's evil at night (mho)
and anything could happen....
by day your Okay

MarshCappa 12-02-2011 11:26 AM

You're Evil!!!! Just kidding. Seriously though it is something we have already talked about. We'll be doing a few day trip excursions but the hotel has everything we need. It's Miami so we will expect crime but it's everywhere you go so I try not to get all wrapped up in that. We'll be smart. I can't wait to work on my "all over" tan!!!:rotf2::rotf2:

PRBuzz 12-02-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarshCappa (Post 904924)
I can't wait to work on my "all over" tan!!!:rotf2::rotf2:

Have fun and we don't need to see pictures....at least of your tan!:rotf2:

BigBo 12-02-2011 11:53 AM

Evil at night = Fun! :rotf2::uhuh:

MarshCappa 12-02-2011 12:58 PM

We priced out a few options and Miami was the cheapest and easiest to get to. Cancun and Aruba were close seconds but in the end a 3 hour direct flight with no passport needed and a 2 bedroom suite on a private beach/resort won. We got a sweet deal from AMEX using points. The place has a full kitchen so we'll load up on breakfast and lunch stuff. You guys ever eat at Don Shula's steak house? It's right in the hotel. I'm planning on an Everglades tour and a trip to Key Largo. If there is some good in shore fishing trips around that might work to. Otherwise I plan on relaxing and playing on the beach and pools.

Fly Rod 12-03-2011 11:38 AM

Enjoy the vacation!

The wife and I stayed in Ft. Lauderdale and took a bus that goes every 15 minutes to Hollywood Fl. and they had some great restaurants and shops.

This year we will be in Marathon.

WESTPORTMAFIA 12-04-2011 12:13 AM

What a sell out! :rotf2: I was in Maui years back in early December and it just didn't seem right to me seeing X-mas lights and decorations with it being so warm. It was very weird. I love the cold. Have fun. I'm gonna give you a shout after the holidays to take care of my AV stuff.

bart 12-04-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fly Rod (Post 905047)
This year we will be in Marathon.

Jealous.

Slingah 12-04-2011 10:49 AM

Have fun with the family!

chefchris401 12-04-2011 08:39 PM

Miami is great, I went a few years back, wearer was nice in January.

We rented jet skis from this white stoner dude with dreads who was originally from Massachusetts, he hooked us up, he had no business all week so he rented to us real cheap and turned the governors off so we could drive real fast.

I suggest you go mangos, food as great and the women are smoking, they also have dudes for the ladies too.

Te restaurant prices aren't too bad either, some really good local places if your into ethic foods.

When you get there, use the groupon app if you have a smart phone and click the "now" option. You'll get all these local deals within 10
miles of you for shopping, massages, food, etc. That's what we did in Orlando. Half price air boat tours and massages, helped local business and saved a bunch of money.

Have fun!!!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device