Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Sports Talk - Title Town (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Bobby V??? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=74681)

flyvice11787 11-30-2011 07:24 PM

Bobby V???

Really, no buzz from any of you guys??? Kinda surprising.

afterhours 11-30-2011 09:24 PM

won't be a dull moment....he invented the wrap sandwhich you know.

MarshCappa 11-30-2011 09:41 PM

The circus is in full swing now! What a mess! It will be entertaining for a bit until it becomes embarassing. Buckle up.

striperman36 12-01-2011 08:10 AM

I'll watch again in 2014. this sept. took the sox right outta me

nightfighter 12-01-2011 05:56 PM

My opinion is that Valentine is ownership's pick, mostly influenced by Lucchino, who I distrust. It puts a young GM, Ben Cherrington, in a tough spot. What Valentine wants, Lucchino will deliver. Valentine is fully capable of calling all the shots, and that will effectively relegate Cherrington's role to being an assistant GM. The fact that Cherrington does not have an oversized ego may allow this to work, at least in the near term. But it does nothing for developing the future with owners calling the GM shots. There is no check and balance in place here, which is why Tito and Epstein are gone for the most part. The ownership is going kill its golden goose if it doesn't let the managment manage, again.

striperman36 12-01-2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 904819)
My opinion is that Valentine is ownership's pick, mostly influenced by Lucchino, who I distrust. It puts a young GM, Ben Cherrington, in a tough spot. What Valentine wants, Lucchino will deliver. Valentine is fully capable of calling all the shots, and that will effectively relegate Cherrington's role to being an assistant GM. The fact that Cherrington does not have an oversized ego may allow this to work, at least in the near term. But it does nothing for developing the future with owners calling the GM shots. There is no check and balance in place here, which is why Tito and Epstein are gone for the most part. The ownership is going kill its golden goose if it doesn't let the managment manage, again.

It's a business investment to make money, That's IT!

ProfessorM 12-01-2011 07:11 PM

interesting. I'll give him a chance and let it play out before I voice an opinion.

PRBuzz 12-01-2011 07:48 PM

Really boring interview tonight!

Q: What are you going to do with Bard?
A: I don't know!

Follow up: I do know he is a really, really good pitcher and going to win a lot of games.

Joe 12-02-2011 08:52 AM

I watched just about every game of Sunday Night Baseball last season where he was one of the color commentators. I found his analysis to be right on the money and he wasn't afraid to call players on bonehead plays. The other two announcers said he was the first person in the park before the Sunday games and would check every nook and cranny of the playing surface. He's a strong personality, and he's got stones. There won't be any drinking beers at the far end of the bench on his watch. I think the ownership of the Red Sox know what they're doing.
One of my favorite quotes is from John Henry, "To the extent that you can remove bias and replace it with data, you gain an advantage."
Prejudice and unsubstantiated beliefs create values in the marketplace. That's the kind of approach that makes you the 77th richest guy in the country.

The Dad Fisherman 12-02-2011 03:50 PM

Should be able to get a good wrap at Fenway now....:hee:

vineyardblues 12-02-2011 05:37 PM

I thought Manny was coming back :)

flyvice11787 12-10-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vineyardblues (Post 904971)
I thought Manny was coming back :)

And he might just be :D.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device