Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Classifieds (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Cobble Hill lure company (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=71972)

rudyeb 06-30-2011 12:02 PM

Cobble Hill lure company

I have a large amount of unfinished plugs (100's), lips, screw eyes, hooks (1,000's), eyes and other items from the Cobble Hill lure company that made the Goo-Goo Eyes lures prior to the new company that started up. I also have all the painting fixtures used to hold the lures while painting and a few templates that wrap around the lures to give the tiger stripe look to a lure. There are also a few cases of surgical tubing in natural, yellow and red.
I'm an avid fisherman myself but don't have the time to be making lures, etc.
Does anyone have an interest in purchasing everything as one lot?

UserRemoved1 06-30-2011 01:59 PM

Shoot me an email scott@#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&.com I may be interested in them.

vineyardblues 06-30-2011 03:08 PM

any chance you can send pictures or what you have ?
I thought Gibbs bought them up ?

Vineyardblues@juno.com

ProfessorM 06-30-2011 06:20 PM

you wouldn't happen to live in Westport Ma. would you?

taJon 06-30-2011 07:13 PM

what do you want for them?

Slipknot 06-30-2011 07:48 PM

http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripert...um-18-y-o.html

Pretty sure you need to have 30 posts to post in the classifieds here

looks like you have zero

I'm sure there are many interested but JohnR set the guidelines.

EricW 06-30-2011 08:29 PM

I always wondered what happened to that stuff. My family did business with them while they were around for a couple of years and never knew what happened to them. I've still got a whole bunch of the cobble Hill Goo Goos in my collection.

I'd love to hear some of the history if you know of any.

I would also be extremely interested in the stuff.
Would also love to see pictures.

rudyeb 07-01-2011 10:25 AM

Thanks for all the response

First, I want to apologize if I broke the rules by posting this ad, I didn't realize I was doing so but, again, my apologies.

I will take photos of everything and post it here over the weekend.

As for how much I want, I really don't know how much it all is worth. I do know there are over 1,000 turned blanks of different types, boxes upon boxes of new Mustad hooks single and treble of many sizes. There is approx. 3 large boxes of surgical tubes, some cut and some long uncut lengths. The metal lips are stamped "L. Cooper" and some are bent and some are flat. I could go on and on but think the photos will help show what there is. I was thinking of contacting the new Goo-Goo Eyes manufacturer but I think at times it's better to go to the striper swipers than the money makers.
Anyone is welcome to visit, I'm in Norwalk, CT.
Thanks again,
Rudy

vineyardblues 07-01-2011 11:16 AM

Rudy, please send me a e-mail at Vineyardblues@juno.com
Just a collector / fisherman :) And I don't bite

Regards
Peter

EricW 07-01-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rudyeb (Post 869332)
First, I want to apologize if I broke the rules by posting this ad, I didn't realize I was doing so but, again, my apologies.

I will take photos of everything and post it here over the weekend.

As for how much I want, I really don't know how much it all is worth. I do know there are over 1,000 turned blanks of different types, boxes upon boxes of new Mustad hooks single and treble of many sizes. There is approx. 3 large boxes of surgical tubes, some cut and some long uncut lengths. The metal lips are stamped "L. Cooper" and some are bent and some are flat. I could go on and on but think the photos will help show what there is. I was thinking of contacting the new Goo-Goo Eyes manufacturer but I think at times it's better to go to the striper swipers than the money makers.
Anyone is welcome to visit, I'm in Norwalk, CT.
Thanks again,
Rudy

Thanks for the additional info Rudy, I'd really love to talk to you more about these. Here is my email address

jwilliams4059@gmail.com

Thank you
Eric

rudyeb 07-06-2011 09:09 PM

Photos as requested

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a few photos of the various items available

UserRemoved1 07-07-2011 04:11 PM

So like I said send me an email at the above address and let me know what you want for them.

rudyeb 07-12-2011 01:40 PM

Lures have been sold.

I thank everyone for their help and attention with my posting. I just wanted all to know that the lures have been sold.

vineyardblues 07-12-2011 03:57 PM

Would have been nice of you if you returned any of the phone messages I left for you :wall:

Or e-mail's ,,, just a thought

Regards
VB

ruhroh 07-13-2011 10:23 AM

Wow, that was pretty bush, no?

Grapenuts 07-13-2011 12:12 PM

VB had every right to b pissed...a return call doesn't cost anything and wood hve been the right thing to do even after the items were sold....ahhhh! any hooks left?

see what happens now is no one will deal with this guy because of this....people remember the little things....U go VB...give'm ell.

ruhroh 07-13-2011 01:10 PM

To clarify, I meant the quiet sale, not VB's reply.

Redsoxticket 07-13-2011 01:22 PM

Why is rudys post count remaining at zero.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

fishbones 07-13-2011 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redsoxticket (Post 871538)
Why is rudys post count remaining at zero.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Post in the classifieds don't count towards post totals anymore. It's because you are supposed to have 30 posts in other forums prior to seling in here. This guy somehow came in, only posted items for sale and apparently didn't deal on the level with members of the site. I have a felling that we won't be seeing rudyeb on the site agian unless he has something else to sell.

stripermaineiac 07-13-2011 06:27 PM

Then he shouldn't be alowwed to post anything for sale till he has the 30 posts on the site. Respect is a very important thing on any site.seems like he posted here and sold elsewhere.