Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   War Tax (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=60669)

Fly Rod 11-28-2009 02:29 PM

War Tax

Now the Dems want a war tax if we send more troops, this would put more pressure on the President. I know someone will say that, that is the least that we could do to support the troops.

We will be taxed to death if the healthcare bill passes and now a war tax if passed.

Those of you with one job had better find a second and those that already have two jobs should find a third and say good bye to the wife or girl friend, you will be to busy trying to pay all the taxes.

Raven 11-28-2009 02:51 PM

the whole concept is outragious

NANCY PELOSI please DIE

we did not elect to go to war

just MAYBE if we were not giving away

all of our tax dollars to every other country

we'd have some left over for people starving

here in the USA

striperman36 11-28-2009 03:45 PM

Sell War Bonds, we've done that before.

EarnedStripes44 11-28-2009 03:48 PM

I've read estimates of 3 trillion in war related-expenses when it is all said and done.

striperman36 11-28-2009 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EarnedStripes44 (Post 726681)
I've read estimates of 3 trillion in war related-expenses when it is all said and done.

More, as the contractor 'off book' magic that Bush did is proatbably half that again.

Have a friend being redeployed for round #3 to the Stone Age Country

PaulS 11-28-2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven (Post 726660)
NANCY PELOSI please DIE

Classy -

Were you raised in an orphange with no guidance or did your parents just do a crappy job?

buckman 11-28-2009 05:34 PM

Hey a war tax!!! Now the Dems will support all war. We are expanding our war effort? Is this what you voted for?

RIROCKHOUND 11-28-2009 05:46 PM

We're expanding into Afghanistan. Hopefully drawing down in Iraq
So far this is EXACTLY what I wanted them to do!

As far as the tax... how much has Iraq cost so far vs. the proposed health care bill....

JohnnyD 11-28-2009 06:19 PM

What's the deal Fly Rod? Tired of being incorrect in the other thread, so you've moved on to a new complaint?

Joe 11-28-2009 08:07 PM

Wars are expensive - we're well over a trillion already. It's fun to blow up third world people, but its a pricey proposition. When you spend a trillion dollars on anything, there's gonna be some buyer's regret.
I'm surprised people are so quick to move to a military option given the staggering cost.

spence 11-28-2009 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 726771)
Wars are expensive - we're well over a trillion already. It's fun to blow up third world people, but its a pricey proposition. When you spend a trillion dollars on anything, there's gonna be some buyer's regret.
I'm surprised people are so quick to move to a military option given the staggering cost.

A good point.

Bloomberg spent $187 per NYC resident they say in this last election cycle. We could probably buy off most of the 3rd world for a few pennies on the wholesale dollar and wouldn't have to worry about a thing.

-spence

buckman 11-29-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 726720)
We're expanding into Afghanistan. Hopefully drawing down in Iraq
So far this is EXACTLY what I wanted them to do!

As far as the tax... how much has Iraq cost so far vs. the proposed health care bill....

Nice. Someone who knows the mission plan. I'm all ears.

JohnnyD 12-01-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 726914)
Nice. Someone who knows the mission plan. I'm all ears.

Here it is:
Obama wants Afghan war over in 3 years, officials say - CNN.com

I'm not holding my breath though.

BigFish 12-01-2009 02:55 PM

You can take all these taxes and cram them where my kayak can't go!!! I am done!!! The govt. can go F--- themselves.....this well has run goddamn dry!!!!:fury::fury::fury::fury::fury::fury::fury:

Swimmer 12-01-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyD (Post 727438)
Here it is:

CNN said so, so its gospel right.

JohnnyD 12-01-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swimmer (Post 727463)
CNN said so, so its gospel right.

I don't CNN is doing anything but reporting what the President is expected to say tonight during his speech about Afghanistan.

Anyone who takes anything reported by a single news station as gospel (be it CNN, Fox or MSNBC) should get their head checked.

RIJIMMY 12-01-2009 03:44 PM

bryan is right, O did say that he would fight the fight in Afhganistan. I posted a similar though before and got bashed, but here goes. Where are all the peace nuts? they were protesting WAR, not jus Iraq. Why is no one protesting war anymore? every year I make a trip to western mass before t day and there have always been a group of protestors on a corner in Great barrington. Anyone want to guess if they were there this year..........nope! Huh???
we have more soliders committed to battle now than with Bush!

RIJIMMY 12-01-2009 03:53 PM

and BTW, US deaths in Afganistan in 2009 ARE DOUBLE any other year previosy. DOUBLE!!!!

I know Im a crazy conspiracy theorist with the media, but I listen to the news/talk radio 1.5 hrs each day. For years I've heard Iraq death announcements for US soliders KIA every day. But I have heard VERY few in 2009 yet, we have a ton of guys KIA in Afghanistan, is it my imagination? Is the media supressing these? Info here -
iCasualties | Operation Enduring Freedom | Afghanistan

Joe 12-01-2009 04:20 PM

I think people understand Afghanistan was/is a failed state that doubled as a safe haven for terrorist training camps and harbored command and control that was directly responsible for 9/11.

JohnnyD 12-01-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 727477)
and BTW, US deaths in Afganistan in 2009 ARE DOUBLE any other year previosy. DOUBLE!!!!

Unfortunately, I think that is to be expected. Similar statistics occurred during the troop surge in Iraq. The sad reality of it is that there are more troops in Afghanistan than a year ago and as such, more of our soldiers as targets for the scumbags to shoot at.

Add into the above that the extremely difficult terrain and (in my opinion) the Taliban are more organized than the splintered resistance factions in Iraq.

Fly Rod 12-01-2009 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 727474)
bryan is right, O did say that he would fight the fight in Afhganistan. I posted a similar though before and got bashed, but here goes. Where are all the peace nuts? they were protesting WAR, not jus Iraq. Why is no one protesting war anymore? every year I make a trip to western mass before t day and there have always been a group of protestors on a corner in Great barrington. Anyone want to guess if they were there this year..........nope! Huh???
we have more soliders committed to battle now than with Bush!

There is truth to what you say. Where I live there is a rotary and during the Bush days the proresters were there every Saturday and Sunday protesting and now there are none.

buckman 12-01-2009 06:39 PM

War Tax? We print endless money for poorly run and regulated banks, bail out every, to big to fail, company, give Japan automakers a big Cash for Clunkers kiss and now the Dems are concerned about the debt?
This is only beginning Obama lovers. Open your own wallet, this is your fault.

justplugit 12-01-2009 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyD (Post 727438)
Here it is:

If this is true,and I'm the enemy, I lay low for three years then take over.

How crazy is it to give the enemy our time table. :smash:

Politics as usual. :mad:

Swimmer 12-04-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyD (Post 727465)
I don't CNN is doing anything but reporting what the President is expected to say tonight during his speech about Afghanistan.

Anyone who takes anything reported by a single news station as gospel (be it CNN, Fox or MSNBC) should get their head checked.

Hey I get my fluid level checked every 3000 posts whether I need it or not. My point had nothing to do with believing just one reporting entity.