Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   any backpackers here??? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=56031)

Slingah 03-19-2009 10:38 AM

any backpackers here???

I am looking to get back into backpacking again this year. Anybody here into that? Hard to find people to go with...looking to do some 2-3 day hikes in the Whites...

whiplash 03-19-2009 10:51 AM

Check out the Applachian (sp) mountain club in Boston. Best information for trail guides and huts as well as matching hikers up. The Whites are not what theyused to be -what was a small footpath could be a 5 ft wide highway. Check out the Mahoosics - they are not as well traveled.

Slingah 03-19-2009 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiplash (Post 675107)
Check out the Applachian (sp) mountain club in Boston. Best information for trail guides and huts as well as matching hikers up. The Whites are not what theyused to be -what was a small footpath could be a 5 ft wide highway. Check out the Mahoosics - they are not as well traveled.

I have the book...and maps...not looking for huts, I like to tent it..I have all the gear....maybe some guys I know here will want to put a trip together...thanks for the reply

ProfessorM 03-19-2009 01:36 PM

I'm too tired

Swimmer 03-19-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorM (Post 675153)
I'm too tired

Great reply.

If my wife didn't mind I'd go. Miss backpacking. Haven't done anything serious since I went to Utah and then Estes Park for a couple of years before that. Have been all over the kiddie trails in Maine and New Hampshire. First thing every day I hit the Mt. Wash. weather web site. Have fun.

justplugit 03-20-2009 04:52 PM

Thanks Matt, but with my back ,i'd prolly have to hire a
pack mule to carry my stuff and me too. :D

Enjoy. :btu:

JohnnyD 03-23-2009 11:03 AM

I've always wanted to try to get into it. M'lady would be down for it, but I never got the outdoor experience as a kid to really learn my way.

american spirit 03-23-2009 02:28 PM

this is the first year the wife and i won't be doing any weekend hiking trips. hopefully next year. not sure if they banned back country tenting in new hampshire/ vermont. get up do date on the recommendations if it's not.

Rockport24 03-23-2009 03:27 PM

I've never tried it, a friend of mine is obsessed with it though.

my idea of backpacking is climbing over rocks at Cutty with a plug bag or hopefully with a big fish on my back!

Rockport24 03-23-2009 03:31 PM

[QUOTE= as well as matching hikers up.[/QUOTE]

really? Matt, you should join this club and tell them you are only looking to hike with hot women.

before I got into fishing, I was into moutain biking and used to go on rides with some groups online. One time I met this person "Chris" at a trail and it turned about to be this hot chick who brought her hot babe friend along with her! It was a great ride behind those two in those bike shorts. Damn, I'm getting back into mountain biking now......