Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Sports Talk - Title Town (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Freddie Mitchell ??????????? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=21153)

afterhours 01-28-2005 07:47 PM

Freddie Mitchell ???????????

what was this buffon thinking? disrespecting rodney and the patriots secondary. this will get him and his crew one thing-PAIN and lots of it!:D

Squid kids Dad 01-28-2005 09:27 PM

I hope he is thrown the 1st pass of the game...HERE'S RODNEY!!!:eek: :laughs:

hunan 01-28-2005 10:07 PM

hey afterhours, aren't you supposed to be painting plugs or something?:D i saw that on t.v. today. what could he possibly have for harrison? i'd like to see a nice crossing route where mcnugget throws the ball a little too high. then:smash:

Mike P 01-29-2005 10:41 AM

Donovan does have a tendency to overthrow and hang his WRs out to dry ;) And the only one with the guts to hang in there without developing "alligator arms" is TO, and if he plays at all, it's a safe bet they won't be running him on crossing routes ;)

Freddie will wimp out after a single good hit, and even Eagles fans think that Pinkston's a pussy. He's legendary down there for being gutless and pulling out of his route rather than taking a hit.

fishaholic18 01-29-2005 10:47 AM

Mitchell says he's got something for Rodney Harrison.
Oh Boy!:smash:

BigFish 01-29-2005 04:35 PM

Mitchell's got nothing for Harrison but a big mouth!:smash: Harrisons got game for Mitchell!:D

Raider Ronnie 01-29-2005 04:41 PM

I hope Harrison dosen't hit Mitchell as hard as Tatum hit Stingley!!! :hidin:

Funny how fans have a different outlook on things when they have an intense hitter on their team!!!:p

CSK 01-29-2005 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Raider Ronnie
I hope Harrison dosen't hit Mitchell as hard as Tatum hit Stingley!!! :hidin:

Funny how fans have a different outlook on things when they have an intense hitter on their team!!!:p

Jokes about paralyzed atheletes never get old.:rolleyes:

Vectorfisher 01-29-2005 04:50 PM

I cant stand either Harrison or Mitchell. Harrison should get an unnecessary roughness penalty on just about every tackle he is late on, if you watch him you will see he loves to jump in a pile just before or during the whistle when it is totally uneccesary. And Mitchell is just an idiot with a big mouth. Talk about big hit did you see the lick Polamalu put on Branch last week, how did he hang onto the ball??

Raider Ronnie 01-29-2005 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by CSK
Jokes about paralyzed atheletes never get old.:rolleyes:
I wasn't making a joke about Stingley being paralyzed, I think it was sad and unfortunate that it happened.
I was just stating that when you have guys who hit like Chuck Bidnerick, Tatum, Ronnie Lott, and Harrison it's allways possible to seriously hurt someone.
But if you have one of those guys on you're team, you love the guy!!!

Mike P 01-29-2005 06:03 PM

Brian Dawkins isn't exactly a "light" hitter, either ;) Being here in Giants-land, I get to see the Iggles/Jints twice a year. Dawk put Hilliard on the shelf for a few games two seasons ago, when Collins overthrew him on a crossing route.

Any safety worth his salt is gonna put a "don't tread on me" stamp on the head of a WR on a 20 yard crossing route. It's part of the game. Ballsy wideouts make the catch and take the hit---you're gonna get crashed anyway, so you might as well hold onto the ball like Branch did.

Goose 01-29-2005 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Vectorfisher
Talk about big hit did you see the lick Polamalu put on Branch last week, how did he hang onto the ball??
I know huh...it was like he got hit by a car and Branch got up like the drunk thats been in a car wreck....didn't even phase him.

Squid kids Dad 01-29-2005 06:37 PM

VF...Like everyone says "If Harrison is on your team ,you love him..If not you hate him"Thats why why he didnt make the pro bowl this year...I to hope he doesnt hurt someone badly but thats the way he plays..All out....
GO PATS!!

irishcurse 01-29-2005 09:33 PM

How abou the hit Asante Samuel put on Stoakley? I had no idea 185lbs could hit so hard.

Squid kids Dad 01-29-2005 10:06 PM

Your right that was a quite a hit..The Pats seem to follow Harrison's hitting...Play all out...:eek:

Surfcastinglife 01-30-2005 10:47 AM

i think asante is one of the most underrated corners in the league

fishaholic18 01-30-2005 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Surfcastinglife
i think asante is one of the most underrated corners in the league
Asante sucked in the first few games he started, he got burnt many times. But now he is playing Ty Lawish, thanks to Bill B.

fishsmith 01-30-2005 11:40 AM

Big hits win games, back in superbowl 36, I think the hit Tebucky Jones started the game with, set the tone.

Freddie Mitchell's comments are small time, I like the response by the Pats "this guys was a #1 pick who only plays when someone else goes down".

Go Pats!!!!!!!

Vectorfisher 01-31-2005 03:17 PM

I just read one of Harrisons hit's cost him $ 7500.00 in the game against Pitt. The hit was on Hines Ward???

The Dad Fisherman 01-31-2005 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Vectorfisher
I just read one of Harrisons hit's cost him $ 7500.00 in the game against Pitt. The hit was on Hines Ward???
.....And he was paid $18,000 dollars for the Playoff Game.

$18,000 - $7500 = 10,500 and a Superbowl appearance

Worth every Penny :D

fishaholic18 01-31-2005 04:08 PM

I can't wait to see the fine after he takes Freddie Mitchell's head off!!!!

afterhours 01-31-2005 04:10 PM

does'nt vrable lb have as many td's as freddie?