Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   capt kangaroo (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=12369)

chris L 01-23-2004 02:40 PM

capt kangaroo

I heard at lunch that Bob keeshan passed away . spent many a day in front of the tele watching the captain and Mr green jeans .
unfortunately my kids never got to expierence the Captain and his show .

thanks for the fun Bob !

Mike P 01-23-2004 03:17 PM

Ah yes---the Captain, Mr. Green Jeans, Dancing Bear, the Banana Man and all the rest. Every Saturday morning, it was like a religion at our mouse. Followed by Mighty Mouse...."heeeeereeee I come to save the day....."

Rappin Mikey 01-23-2004 04:36 PM

Mr. Rogers, The Captain, whoose next?

Moose Nuckle 01-23-2004 04:44 PM

Don't forget about Major Mudd!!!

Slingah 01-23-2004 05:02 PM

Rest in Peace Capt'n

Raven 01-23-2004 06:36 PM

sad day

i wonder if someone else will wind up mr grandfather clock
and who's gonna give bunny rabbit his carrots now?
he was a real cool dude. for sure.
ride captain ride apon your mystery ship....

BigFish 01-23-2004 06:47 PM

Thanks for the memories Captain K!:btu:

Van 01-23-2004 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Moose Nuckle
Don't forget about Major Mudd!!!
I remember going on a field trip and we were on the major mudd show.

Capt. K. was great, good memories....
Rex Trailer, Mjr. Mudd,

Who remembers the GHOUL ????

Wasn't there one called big brother or brother something???

Crafty Angler 01-24-2004 09:35 AM

Yeah, it was certainly sad news - there doesn't seem to be quite as much gentle entertainment for children on TV as there once was.

Does anyone know what Bob Keeshan's first TV job was?

He was the original Clarabell the Clown on the Howdy Doody Show. How's that for a trip in the Wayback Machine -

I remember Clarabell, Howdy, Buffalo Bob Smith ("Say kids, what time is it!?"), Chief Thunderthud, Princess Summerfallwinterspring, Phineas T. Bluster - and the Flub-a-Dub.

I don't know why but for some reason the Flub-a-Dub scared me when I was a kid, I distinctly remember asking my Dad if there was any such animal as a Flub-a-Dub.

I think I was maybe 16 or 17 at the time - :laughs:

Bawana 01-24-2004 04:02 PM

boy I must be getting really old cause I remember all of them.the ghoul didnt he wear sun glasses with only one lense--And MJ mudd used to do Saturday show as an explorer on Jungle Adventures with Rosco the monkey from Franklin Park zoo.----Big brother Bob Emery( oh the grass is always greener in the other fellows yard)-- Soupy sales---Captain Bob---Uncle Gus from WMUR tv NH.and oh so many more. Definately will remember for as long as I--------what was this about????

The Dad Fisherman 01-25-2004 02:57 AM

That was always the Big fight in my House. I was a big Major Mudd fan and my sister was a fan of the captain.......Don't forget after school with Willie Whistle

RickBomba 01-26-2004 04:16 PM

What about Bill Cosby and the picture pages?
What was the name of his marker?
Anyhoo,
Later Bob,
Rick

Jimbo 01-26-2004 04:58 PM

Mr Greenjeans used to be coming on each day right when we had to be going to school. I loved that show. I bet Captain Kangaroo reruns would still kick ass over some of the stuff they show on PBS now.
Anyone remember Sandy Becker as Norton Nork? There was a creative guy.

rocketman 01-26-2004 06:46 PM

I was sad to here af the passing of the Captain. Remembering also Tom Terrific Cartoons, with the badguy Crabby Appleton.