Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Another DD classic! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=52873)

Saltheart 11-03-2008 09:03 AM

Another DD classic!

I go to Dunkin Donuts yesterday and get a med coffee and a corn muffing. Its $3.26. I hand the girl a twenty and a empty DD credit card and tell her to take the coffee and muffin out of the twenty and put all the change onto the credit card.

the girl takes out the coffee and muffin money and puts 74 cents on the credit card and hands me back $16. To her , all the "change" meant the coins! :)

The Dad Fisherman 11-03-2008 09:08 AM

:rotflmao:....you can't say she didn't follow directions.

reminds me of one of my Fathers Classic Line "Do What I mean, not What I Say"

Slipknot 11-03-2008 09:39 AM

ya that figures :rollem:
I guess if you said put this 20 on the card , THEN deduct for the purchase, it may have gone correctly but :fishslap:
common sense is lacking a bit lately in this country.:(

How's the hip Mike? hope all is well

Saltheart 11-03-2008 10:31 AM

Hip is good Bruce, still doing PT. Its now much stronger since I have been doing the weight machines but less flexible so now I have to do lots of stretching.

I tried the old , put the twenty on the DD card then pay for the donuts a few months ago but she messed that up so much that I lost the whole twenty and was told I had to return the next day when the manager was there. Next day he refunded my twenty after counting the drawer and it was over by twenty.

That's another classic though. Hand her twenty , get back the debit card with 0 dollars on it and she keeps the twenty. At least he gave me a free coffee and muffin the day i went back to see the manager.

Katie 11-03-2008 12:49 PM

Hah! Gotta love D&D. I just make sure to have almost exact change.

Good to hear your doing better Mike! :kewl:

Starfish 11-03-2008 01:05 PM

Glad to hear you are well Mike!
My favorite is when you hand them the money for the order then they take their time getting the change like they are expecting you to say all set and they get the tip. I will give you a tip if my order is right. You always wonder what you might sip up through the straw?!?:hs:

The Dad Fisherman 11-03-2008 01:14 PM

I gotta wonder what Dunks you guys go into...I have never had an issue with a dunks. They always get my order right, the change correct, and are pretty quick in the process.

must be a south of boston thing.

Starfish 11-03-2008 01:40 PM

Its usually ok...it just happens to be that one time you want a really good coffee. Personally mine experiences mostly come from the Worcester area.

Swimmer 11-03-2008 05:41 PM

Now thats funny.......:rotflmao: