Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Israel normalizing relations with Sudan (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=96989)

Jim in CT 10-23-2020 11:28 AM

Israel normalizing relations with Sudan

There's been some progress in the middle east in the past two years. More than Biden has done in 47 years.

Jim in CT 10-23-2020 11:42 AM

I thought walking away from the Iran nuke deal was going to cause that region to descend into chaos.

wdmso 10-23-2020 11:50 AM

President Trump announced on Monday over Twitter that he will lift the terrorist designation as soon as Sudan deposits a payment of $335 million in compensation to victims, and their families, of attacks on U.S. Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania in 1998

Transactional
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Pete F. 10-23-2020 11:57 AM

Trump: “Do you think Sleepy Joe could have made this deal, Bibi, Sleepy Joe?”

Israeli PM Netanyahu: "Uh ... well ... Mr. President, one thing I can tell you is we appreciate the help for peace from anyone in America."

Apparently Bibi knows how to read a poll as well as anyone.

Jim in CT 10-23-2020 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1203663)
President Trump announced on Monday over Twitter that he will lift the terrorist designation as soon as Sudan deposits a payment of $335 million in compensation to victims, and their families, of attacks on U.S. Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania in 1998

Transactional

SO asking Sudan to make compensate victims, isn't appropriate in your eyes? Interesting...

What has Biden done in the middle east, that compares to what trump has done?

scottw 10-23-2020 01:09 PM

how bitter are the libs? :laugha:

trump gets another historic peace deal this afternoon..

biden working his way through an adult coloring book this afternoon...

Jim in CT 10-23-2020 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1203663)

Transactional

so....given that Obama's Iran deal involved the US sending a jumbo jet full of money to Iran...did you call that deal "transactional"? Or did you get weak in the knees at how brilliant it was?

Jim in CT 10-23-2020 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1203664)
Trump: “Do you think Sleepy Joe could have made this deal, Bibi, Sleepy Joe?”

Israeli PM Netanyahu: "Uh ... well ... Mr. President, one thing I can tell you is we appreciate the help for peace from anyone in America."

Apparently Bibi knows how to read a poll as well as anyone.

Are these agreements made in the last year, a big deal?

Pete F. 10-23-2020 01:27 PM

What did he give the Saudi’s for it?
Sources in Sudan and Egypt have revealed that Saudi Arabia is to pay $335 million to the US in order to accelerate normalisation of ties between the government in Khartoum and Israel, Safa news agency reported on Wednesday.

According to media reports, Saudi Arabia’s de facto ruler, Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman, intervened after US President Donald Trump set a condition that Sudan has to pay compensation to American victims of terror before removing its name from the US list of states which sponsor terrorism. The compensation being paid is to go to the families and victims of the 1998 US Embassy bombing in East Africa and the attack on the USS Cole, a guided-missile destroyer, off the coast of Yemen in 2000.

On Monday, Trump tweeted: “GREAT news! New government of Sudan, which is making great progress, agreed to pay $335 MILLION to US terror victims and families. Once deposited, I will lift Sudan from the State Sponsors of Terrorism list. At long last, JUSTICE for the American people and BIG step for Sudan!”

Sudan has agreed previously to normalise ties with Israel in return for the removal of its name from the terrorism list, but its agreement was hit by Trump’s condition about compensation. However, the sources who spoke to Al-Araby Al-Jadeed said that the money would not be paid by Sudan itself as Sudanese Prime Minister Abdullah Hamdok had said, but by Riyadh.

Jim in CT 10-23-2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1203672)
Sources in Sudan and Egypt have revealed that Saudi Arabia is to pay $335 million to the US in order to accelerate normalisation of ties between the government in Khartoum and Israel, Safa news agency reported on Wednesday.

According to media reports, Saudi Arabia’s de facto ruler, Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman, intervened after US President Donald Trump set a condition that Sudan has to pay compensation to American victims of terror before removing its name from the US list of states which sponsor terrorism. The compensation being paid is to go to the families and victims of the 1998 US Embassy bombing in East Africa and the attack on the USS Cole, a guided-missile destroyer, off the coast of Yemen in 2000.

On Monday, Trump tweeted: “GREAT news! New government of Sudan, which is making great progress, agreed to pay $335 MILLION to US terror victims and families. Once deposited, I will lift Sudan from the State Sponsors of Terrorism list. At long last, JUSTICE for the American people and BIG step for Sudan!”

Sudan has agreed previously to normalise ties with Israel in return for the removal of its name from the terrorism list, but its agreement was hit by Trump’s condition about compensation. However, the sources who spoke to Al-Araby Al-Jadeed said that the money would not be paid by Sudan itself as Sudanese Prime Minister Abdullah Hamdok had said, but by Riyadh.

maybe that's all Russian misionformation

spence 10-23-2020 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1203672)

Probably payback for not doing anything about the assassination of Jamal Khassogi.

scottw 10-23-2020 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1203673)
maybe that's all Russian misionformation

you can really feel the enthusiasm and excitement for a biden presidency ....can't you? :hihi:

Jim in CT 10-23-2020 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1203675)
Probably payback for not doing anything about the assassination of Jamal Khassogi.

Wow, the guy who doesn't have a side, once again just happens to oppose the Republican president. Just a coincidence.

wdmso 10-23-2020 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1203665)
SO asking Sudan to make compensate victims, isn't appropriate in your eyes? Interesting...

What has Biden done in the middle east, that compares to what trump has done?

not sure where you got that from

what good is money if their behavior hasn't changed? so Trump pay us and we'll take you off the list of state sponsored terrorism

transactional

Got Stripers 10-23-2020 03:40 PM

Trump looking for a win, hit Wikipedia for civilian and military deaths for Israel and it’s nothing compared to the death toll this virus has and will have right here at home. Middle East unrest is timeless and sure it would be a good thing for that to get resolved and I’d like to win the lottery too, but I doubt either will happen in my life time.

spence 10-23-2020 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1203677)
Wow, the guy who doesn't have a side, once again just happens to oppose the Republican president. Just a coincidence.

Has nothing to do with politics, it's about right and wrong.

Jim in CT 10-23-2020 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1203681)
not sure where you got that from

what good is money if their behavior hasn't changed? so Trump pay us and we'll take you off the list of state sponsored terrorism

transactional

you know their behavior hasnt changed? tell
me, what acts of terror have they sponsored in the last couple of days?

Jim in CT 10-23-2020 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1203683)
Has nothing to do with politics, it's about right and wrong.

obviously it has nothing to do with politics! you’re totally apolitical.

wdmso 10-23-2020 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1203685)
you know their behavior hasnt changed? tell
me, what acts of terror have they sponsored in the last couple of days?

Do you know ? Whats changed. Where's the backstop. They want off the list for certain reason .. I am all for treating countrys favorable if they have changed. But i haven't seen any discussions on what benches they've meet.. just pay us and we'll do this.. 12 days before an election

Jim in CT 10-24-2020 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1203696)
Do you know ? Whats changed. Where's the backstop. They want off the list for certain reason .. I am all for treating countrys favorable if they have changed. But i haven't seen any discussions on what benches they've meet.. just pay us and we'll do this.. 12 days before an election

oh, you haven’t seen they’ve changed. well the israeli government feels they have, and perhaps they know a tad more than you, and for sure they have skin in the game so they don’t want to be wrong.

the day after obama signed the iran deal, had you already been convinced that iran had changed? or do you only care about the party of the president involved?

wdmso 10-24-2020 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1203670)
so....given that Obama's Iran deal involved the US sending a jumbo jet full of money to Iran...did you call that deal "transactional"? Or did you get weak in the knees at how brilliant it was?

Still pushing conspiracies whos money did we give. Oh thats right it was their own

And who was involved in the Iran deal. Our allies

Again your superpower is making 2 different events some. how the same

wdmso 10-24-2020 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1203703)
oh, you haven’t seen they’ve changed. well the israeli government feels they have, and perhaps they know a tad more than you, and for sure they have skin in the game so they don’t want to be wrong.

the day after obama signed the iran deal, had you already been convinced that iran had changed? or do you only care about the party of the president involved?

Last time I checked i live in America not Iseral so I really don't care how they feel

But again the Iran deal had backstop goals and time lines built in and now you have nothing

But thats why you support Trump. You think no plan is better than having a plan

U.S. Records Highest Number Of Coronavirus Cases In 1 Day Since Pandemic Began. No plan

Health care no plan

Wow Sudan such a great accomplishment. Wish Trump cared so much for all Americans as he does israeli. Big picture Jim. 12 days before an election another Trump stunt distraction

Got Stripers 10-24-2020 08:18 AM

Jim and Scott are as desperate for a win as Trump is, look at the photo op for this crap, all the good little arse kissers all lined up shoulder to shoulder with no masks on, but for one pregnant women who opted to protect herself from the idiots in the room. My guess is if not for the pregnancy, Trump would instruct her to get rid of the mask or leave the room, I need to project strength and solidarity (aka stupidity).

wdmso 10-24-2020 08:32 AM

Some details left out by Jim

With the Sudanese public largely opposed to normalization of ties with Israel, the country’s unelected transitional government sought to have Trump sign the terrorism delisting as a first step. The sanctions that accompanied the listing had sharply restricted Sudan’s ability to make dollar transactions and receive aid and investment.

Hamdok has said that any change in his country’s diplomatic status with Israel will have to go before a legislative body that does not yet exist.

The real reason this was pushed. With a government with no legitimacy.

Those supporters include conservative Jewish Republicans who make up an important part of Trump’s political base in Florida, a linchpin to his reelection effort next
month.

Its so obvious Jim doesn't read beyond the headlines ever

Got Stripers 10-24-2020 08:43 AM

If your spoon fed by the right what would you expect.

scottw 10-24-2020 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1203706)

Scott are as desperate for a win as Trump is,

you don't pay attention...I'm half rooting for weekend at biden's because he would be tremendously entertaining

wdmso 10-24-2020 01:23 PM

February 2020, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and the Chairman of the Sovereignty Council of Sudan, Abdel Fattah al-Burhan, met in Uganda, where they agreed to normalize the ties between the two countries.[8] Later that month, Israeli planes were allowed to fly over Sudan.[9]

So this happen 9 months ago they had this agreement and Trumps holds a press conference.. in October 12 days before an election... selling it as a recent break Thru :btu:

TRUMPS a classic carpet bagger

scottw 10-24-2020 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1203717)
February 2020, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and the Chairman of the Sovereignty Council of Sudan, Abdel Fattah al-Burhan, met in Uganda, where they agreed to normalize the ties between the two countries.[8] Later that month, Israeli planes were allowed to fly over Sudan.[9]

So this happen 9 months ago they had this agreement and Trumps holds a press conference.. in October 12 days before an election... selling it as a recent break Thru :btu:

TRUMPS a classic carpet bagger

do you know what carpet bagger means?

Got Stripers 10-24-2020 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1203718)
do you know what carpet bagger means?

The definition doesn’t really fit the action, let’s just call a con artist by the correct name, sadly there are idiots that buy into this as a wonderful a Trump accomplishment. He really is reaching now and with daily deaths at all time highs, he continues to suggest we almost have this licked. I hope it’s almost time to get that prison jump suit sized for him, it really is where so many people and companies feel he belongs after decades of con jobs.

wdmso 10-24-2020 03:53 PM

Did you think i was referring to the civil war example?

person perceived as an unscrupulous opportunist.

I am i wrong