Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Superbowl Commercials? Best? Funniest? Worst? Most Controversial? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=84954)

JohnR 02-03-2014 08:04 AM

Superbowl Commercials? Best? Funniest? Worst? Most Controversial?

Best? Funniest? Worst? Most Controversial?

Best Commercial:

Budweiser Welcome Home

Funniest:
Audi’s Doberhuahua? Doritos Time Machine?

Most Controversial:
Coke - America the Beautiful - Diversity Edition.

If you worship at the altar of the Diversity Machine you will love that commercial. If you don't, you are a racist. Get ready to be called a racist (again) if you don't subscribe to the happy crunchy diversity dictat where tolerance of thought is not tolerated.

Worst:
Sorry Bud Light

Takeaway: I want that Jaguar

nightfighter 02-03-2014 08:26 AM

Most hopeful message;

Chrysler Bob Dylan Let china put you phone together, but we (Detroit, USA) will build your car.....

RIROCKHOUND 02-03-2014 08:36 AM

If you know the back story, the Cheerios commercial was pretty good.

I like Dylan's commercial.

JohnR 02-03-2014 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 1030689)
If you know the back story, the Cheerios commercial was pretty good.

I like Dylan's commercial.

What is the back story? I liked "and a puppy" :rotf2:

I was impressed Dylan could be coherent.

RIROCKHOUND 02-03-2014 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1030690)
What is the back story? I liked "and a puppy" :rotf2:

I was impressed Dylan could be coherent.

They ran that family (interracial) back in the spring and got a bunch of racist (true racist, not what you mentioned) hate mail and you tube comments..

this was a nice F-you to those people.

JohnR 02-03-2014 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 1030691)
They ran that family (interracial) back in the spring and got a bunch of racist (true racist, not what you mentioned) hate mail and you tube comments..

Ahhh, I knew that part, thought it was more deep than that. I still think she should get a puppy.

Swimmer 02-03-2014 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 1030691)

Yup, I agree on the cheerios ad.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

nightfighter 02-03-2014 09:04 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlSn8Isv-3M

A message people need to be reminded of more often.....

Clammer 02-03-2014 09:07 AM

:uhuh:I thought many were good .

I thought the doretos [sp] was short & I liked it it .:buds:

there was a ass kickin football that kept getting it the way of the commercials :grins:

BigFish 02-03-2014 09:13 AM

I think we are at the point where if people are not used to gay or interracial relationships and families then they have a huge problem! Do not feel the need to shine the light on it any longer just to try to enlighten the ignorant!

That being said...the puppies and ponies cutesy ootsey thing...old and tired! I really found no redeeming commercials! My biggest quandry was....WTF did Cumberland Farms run a $4,000,000 ad for their coffee.....and it was the same ad they have been running for months???? What a waste of money!

BigBo 02-03-2014 09:13 AM

Call me what you want, but I didn't like the Coke commercial. Now to put a little extra twist to that equation, my wife is from a southeast asian country. Still carries a heavy accent. She found it a little offensive and over the top for Coke to be so "political" in their ad. Does that make her a racist? Perhaps she's just "old school" and feels that if you come to this country, you learn the english language and assimilate to the culture. I happen to agree with her.

BigFish 02-03-2014 09:15 AM

Yeah the Coke commercial pissed me off as well! Coke I find to be suddenly un-American!

Sea Dangles 02-03-2014 09:19 AM

Budweiser,as usual had some GREAT spots
Soldiers,Clydesdales, just doesn't get any better.

Raven 02-03-2014 09:26 AM

Too Many commercials
ruined it...for me...
and not just the superbowl
all TV in General !!!!

So, we have decided to END charter TV come spring
we "might" do netflix as a replacement
I personally am sick of the hollywood "fashion show"
of promoting vampirism and EVIL , Zombies,
plus
all the shows have gone way to graphic
in the Morgue Autopsy detective series

i can always see CNN online for news and weather

nightfighter 02-03-2014 09:29 AM

The banned ads

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=842A9EVZxg0

Gets interesting at the end. Careful where you watch it....

Redsoxticket 02-03-2014 09:45 AM

I was able to fast forward thru all the BS commercials and the halftime crap. The only commercial noteworthy of watching is Jack is back in the series 24 coming cinco de Maio
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

striperman36 02-03-2014 06:33 PM

I'd really like to have a few Doberhuahua to take to the ramp

scottw 02-04-2014 04:50 AM

there was a cheesy commercial for a computer company of some sort with a guy narrating what seemed like a locally produced spot that seemed really out of place and 30 years out of date...that was weird, the little Cheerios girl "and a puppy" was brilliant and adorable...loved the Radio Shack ad...had to be the best in terms of doing what a commercial should do....Seinfeld looked 80 years old and George looked the same as he did in the show...I don't know anyone with a Maserati...that one was very odd too

JohnR 02-05-2014 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1030786)
there was a cheesy commercial for a computer company of some sort with a guy narrating what seemed like a locally produced spot that seemed really out of place and 30 years out of date...that was weird, the little Cheerios girl "and a puppy" was brilliant and adorable...loved the Radio Shack ad...had to be the best in terms of doing what a commercial should do....Seinfeld looked 80 years old and George looked the same as he did in the show...I don't know anyone with a Maserati...that one was very odd too

Whalley Computer Assoc - I've heard of them twice in 17 years of IT and I don't think I've ever run into one though.

Pretty sure that was a local ad spot, not national ;)

Saltheart 02-05-2014 01:07 PM

I'm a sucker for the dog and horses type of commercials. Never saw a Clydesdale commercial I didn't like.