Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Herd immunity is not a strategy, it is a biological fact (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=96955)

PaulS 12-10-2020 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1206232)
merry christmas paul!!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Thanks

Merry Christmas to you also.

Got Stripers 12-10-2020 08:12 AM

US ranked 32nd globally in doses of vaccine purchase per capita, warp speed was a success, but oh wait we forgot to buy enough. Summit on the vaccine and nobody from the incoming team allowed to attend, Thanksgiving death tolls will be high and the country’s stupidity continues from the top down.

wdmso 12-10-2020 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1206250)
US ranked 32nd globally in doses of vaccine purchase per capita, warp speed was a success, but oh wait we forgot to buy enough. Summit on the vaccine and nobody from the incoming team allowed to attend, Thanksgiving death tolls will be high and the country’s stupidity continues from the top down.

We didn’t buy as many because weWere rounding the corner silly rabbit

scottw 12-10-2020 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1206250)

wouldn't it be wrong for us to buy up all of the vaccine? there are people all over the world that need it..should people in rich countries get vaccine treatments that people in poor countries can't get...what are we Rudy?

Got Stripers 12-10-2020 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1206269)
wouldn't it be wrong for us to buy up all of the vaccine? there are people all over the world that need it..should people in rich countries get vaccine treatments that people in poor countries can't get...what are we Rudy?

There is a big difference between your usual Trump America first talking point and securing our fair share of the first batch, especially in light of our population and effort to get it out quickly.

scottw 12-10-2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1206273)
There is a big difference between your usual Trump America first talking point

Which part of what I wrote is a trump America first talking point?

scottw 12-11-2020 11:02 AM

uh oh....greedy americans should not get the vaccines..."vaccine nationalism"...these people are hilarious

“The president just signed an executive order to try to put Americans at the front of the line when it comes to vaccines,” CNN host Poppy Harlow said, adding, “I wonder if that’s what you were worried about when you kept saying and warning against vaccine nationalism?”

“That’s exactly what we were worried about,” Melinda Gates responded. “I knew it was coming and I was just incredibly disappointed.”

Pete F. 12-11-2020 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1206326)
uh oh....greedy americans should not get the vaccines..."vaccine nationalism"...these people are hilarious

“The president just signed an executive order to try to put Americans at the front of the line when it comes to vaccines,” CNN host Poppy Harlow said, adding, “I wonder if that’s what you were worried about when you kept saying and warning against vaccine nationalism?”

“That’s exactly what we were worried about,” Melinda Gates responded. “I knew it was coming and I was just incredibly disappointed.”

As usual you get your story from the right wing media and it's only part of the story, but it's all about America First and owning the libs......

As coronavirus vaccines begin rolling out — a crucial step in ending the pandemic that has killed more than 1.5 million people and caused economic pain around the globe — Melinda Gates is urging leaders of wealthy countries not to forget about the rest of the world.

"Everybody needs this vaccine," Gates, co-chair of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, told CNN's Poppy Harlow in a broadcast interview Thursday. "If we only get it to the high-income countries, this disease is going to bounce around. We're going to see twice as many deaths. And our recovery of our economies is going to be much slower than if we get the vaccine out to everybody."

scottw 12-11-2020 05:30 PM

the gates and whoever was interviewing her better refuse their shots until the entire third world is immunized...."limousine vaccine liberals"

scottw 12-17-2020 06:37 AM

am I reading this correctly on worldometers? california reported 63,569 new cases yesterday?.well...since democrats fail upwards this should get that democrat california governor an emmy award, a tony award, a nobel peace prize, a date with madonna and a cabinet position with weekend at biden's...probably running something involving medical stuff because he's an expert now :jester:

Pete F. 12-17-2020 07:31 AM

Troll much?

scottw 12-17-2020 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1206654)
Troll much?

it's nice when you keep it brief...:hf1:

scottw 12-20-2020 08:32 AM

oh crap...
Flights to UK canceled as health minister says new coronavirus variant is 'out of control'

CNN

Updated 7:43 AM ET, Sun December 20, 2020

London (CNN)The Netherlands and Belgium on Sunday imposed a ban on flights to the UK after a new variant of coronavirus, said by officials to spread faster than other strains, caused renewed restrictions in large parts of the country over the Christmas period.

wdmso 12-20-2020 11:42 AM

Rand Paul: Masks ‘Are All About Submission’. Says the Ophthalmologist

scottw 12-20-2020 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1206825)
Rand Paul: Masks ‘Are All About Submission’. Says the Ophthalmologist

they don't appear to be working for what they claim they are for.....

wdmso 12-20-2020 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1206827)
they don't appear to be working for what they claim they are for.....

compared to what not wearing one? Like i've said you think and talk as if they prevent Covid.. or try to suggest thats the suggestion of experts !

please pick

do you think masks have Zero benefit in minimizing the transmission of Covid or dont you?

Pete F. 12-20-2020 11:11 PM

Some just don’t think

USA has 4% of the world’s population but 23% of the world’s COVID cases.

scottw 12-21-2020 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1206841)
Some just don’t think

USA has 4% of the world’s population but 23% of the world’s COVID cases.

half of those cases are in the top 10 current worst states and 75% of the cases in the top ten worst current states are in states with mask mandates....

look at the new case graph for california and look at the dates when california instituted their mask mandates and tell me how well it's working

Pete F. 12-21-2020 07:15 AM

Worked and is working in Vermont
We have fewer Trumplicans

wdmso 12-22-2020 05:23 PM

The White House Covid the gift that keeps giving

The SC Governor and his wife Peggy McMaster, the governor's wife, earlier contracted the virus but is asymptomatic, his office said.

The state's first lady tested positive several days after attending a White House Christmas event on Dec. 14, McMaster's office said Friday. They both tested negative ahead of the event, and on Dec. 10 before a meeting with Vice President Pence.

The Dad Fisherman 12-22-2020 10:03 PM

Point????

Got Stripers 12-23-2020 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1206951)
Point????

While it might not be the point he wanted to make, I think it confirms what the numbers traced back to gatherings prove; they should be avoided at all costs. That is why we are seeing such a huge surge after thanksgiving and why it’s only going to get worse after Xmas.

wdmso 12-23-2020 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1206951)
Point????

No point just stating the obvious

The White House is giving the gift that keeps on giving Covid to his faithful

He is the freakin President, any responsible President wouldn’t willingly allow such non essential gatherings

As Covid ravages why is he not part of the Covid negotiations? Typical Trump unwilling to do the work but the first to criticize the outcome. Yes this bill sucks , but largely because Trump would rather be golfing than doing his job.

And the faithful actually think it’s 1 bill not 2 different bills lumped together by Mitch

scottw 12-23-2020 08:44 AM

"you guys are one horse ponies"

Pete F. 12-23-2020 09:28 AM

Well that’s because with the hacking of the government and Trump’s saying, knowing, caring and doing nothing about it — while trying to steal an election and pardoning his criminal friends — it’s hard to articulate how bad he is.

Saying he’s the worst president in history is inadequate.

wdmso 12-23-2020 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1206964)
"you guys are one horse ponies"

its 1 trick pony

but seeing hes the only dog (Trump) and pony (republicans) show in town. what else is their to do :jump:

scottw 12-23-2020 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1206968)
its 1 trick pony

but seeing hes the only dog (Trump) and pony (republicans) show in town. what else is their to do :jump:

tell that do dementia joe.....it's in "quotes"

Pete F. 12-23-2020 01:27 PM

I see he’s putting together his guest list for Christmas at MaraLago, this year it’s the Blackwater child killers.
Trump pardoned Eddie Gallagher and invited him to Mar A Lago last Christmas. Sadistic killers make him feel festive. He can’t feel joy like the rest of us, so he needs cruelty to be close, and to reward those who perpetrate it to validate his own depravity.

And it turns out he didn’t pardon one of the Blackwater guys.....Omertà?

“An interesting side note in last night’s pardon story is that a fifth convicted Blackwater contractor, Jeremy Ridgeway, who pleaded guilty and cooperated by testifying against the others, was not pardoned.”

He was sentenced in 2015 to a year in prison.