Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   StriperTalk! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Weekend Plans (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=98831)

JohnR 06-02-2023 05:46 AM

Weekend Plans

Working and spending time with the pooch - he's not doing well.

Not going to be a total wash out this weekend.

So what's up for the weekend?

piemma 06-02-2023 11:34 AM

Prayers for the dog John.

Hoping for crap weather as I want to fish and the only way I will is if we have rain and wind and the jamokes stay home.

Other than that, working at the GC as usual both days but it is a "blow off the tee boxes and go home, type of thing." Usually home by 8:30 to 9:00 AM

nightfighter 06-02-2023 05:02 PM

Not sure, but I can assure you that I won't be launching for the season this weekend... Now I am not a naysayer when it comes to global warming, but the next five days' forecast does not add to the argument... Actually, I put the winter cover back on (loosely tied) to keep all the wind-borne leaves and crap out.
Tough duty, John. I have been as tempted as ever this spring to get another dog, now that I can walk again. Just don't know if I can bear to go through the end again.

tattoobob 06-02-2023 06:14 PM

I just got home from Longhorns going to watch TV

I have no plans for the weekend as of yet, I still need to snake my tub drain so that might get done & may clean my closet

have a good weekend everyone

JR you're in my thoughts

tattoobob 06-03-2023 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tattoobob (Post 1241060)
I just got home from Longhorns going to watch TV

I have no plans for the weekend as of yet, I still need to snake my tub drain so that might get done & may clean my closet

have a good weekend everyone

JR you're in my thoughts

I forgot I have a wedding today

JohnR 06-03-2023 12:12 PM

Thanks everyone, some days it looks like we have weeks, but at best it is months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tattoobob (Post 1241063)
I forgot I have a wedding today

Hope it is not yours

piemma 06-03-2023 01:04 PM

You know, I went thru this with Reggie. Pancreatic cancer. He looked at me one day and his eyes said " Dad, no more, OK? I put him down 4 hours later and cried for a month and you guys know me!

spence 06-03-2023 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemma (Post 1241067)
You know, I went thru this with Reggie. Pancreatic cancer. He looked at me one day and his eyes said " Dad, no more, OK? I put him down 4 hours later and cried for a month and you guys know me!

When I asked my yellow lab’s vet when I would know, he simply responded, she’ll tell you. Made it to 15 though which is pretty good for a lab.

piemma 06-03-2023 01:35 PM

Rips your guts out.

afterhours 06-03-2023 01:52 PM

Sorry to hear about the pup JR. Spend as much time as you can with him and let him eat steak and ice cream (my Vet's advice when we had to put Rissa down last year).

Got Stripers 06-03-2023 03:27 PM

Like loosing a family member.

Clammer 06-03-2023 04:22 PM

Not like .....he is family member .............& it hurts & will hurt

JR ya need some time away / just give me a heads up time

that,s what friends are for a.,.,

tattoobob 06-03-2023 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1241066)
Thanks everyone, some days it looks like we have weeks, but at best it is months.

Hope it is not yours

Haha I would never go thru that again

Guppy 06-04-2023 05:10 AM

Feel for ya John…..
I miss my Ducky ,,,,,

JFigliuolo 06-04-2023 05:11 AM

Sorry John, it never gets easier. You will know when it's time.

Hookedagain 06-04-2023 05:47 AM

Spent the weekend camping in Plymouth...in the rain for the most part. My mom spend a night with us and then my son came up with his girl friend. Still makes me happy that he wants to spend time with his parents.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1241072)
Like loosing a family member.

Its worse than loosing a family member in some cases. I don't like half the folks I love!

Got Stripers 06-04-2023 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookedagain (Post 1241080)
Spent the weekend camping in Plymouth...in the rain for the most part. My mom spend a night with us and then my son came up with his girl friend. Still makes me happy that he wants to spend time with his parents.

Its worse than loosing a family member in some cases. I don't like half the folks I love!

I can relate to that, I’d swap any of my sisters to get any one of my dogs back.

wdmso 06-04-2023 06:49 AM

Sorry John

We had to do the same with our 13 year old greater Swiss last year it hurts .. However I found a Vet who will come to your Home. No stress on the Dog friendly and familiar surroundings. makes it a bit easier on Family .

No more animals for us .

spence 06-04-2023 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1241082)
Sorry John

We had to do the same with our 13 year old greater Swiss last year it hurts .. However I found a Vet who will come to your Home. No stress on the Dog friendly and familiar surroundings. makes it a bit easier on Family .

No more animals for us .

Both pets I’ve had to put down were done at home which I think was significantly less stressful on the animals. Unfortunately there are few vets that do home visits.

As an aside, my x wife’s cat and I never got along. The night before he was to be euthanized he cuddled up to me and watched tv for two hours I think to make amends. They know exactly what is going on.

MAKAI 06-04-2023 01:53 PM

Feel for you John. A tough stretch you’re in.
Something different about the loss of a good dog.