Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Grumpy Old Pharts Board (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   On the Road in Massachusetts (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=38814)

Skitterpop 02-28-2007 11:01 PM

On the Road in Massachusetts

:zup:

the f...s who see you coming crisply along and pull in front of you doing 30 to 40 mph less than you....with 3 flippin lanes to choose from. :liquify:

Or if its two lanes the truckers who ride the fast/passing lane like their driving a friggin hearse. :liquify:

Or....notice the plentitude and variation.... I`m only highlighting a few here.

During a blizzard of whiteout proportions on a three lane hwy ..... all the cars and trucks are in lane c ....that being the far right lane..... your cruising in something that can handle the shizzle and some moron MF turns purposely into your zone...... need a vaporizer ray gun thingy for these fks.

Ok.... gotta take my meds.

Carry On

hunan 02-28-2007 11:51 PM

ya ever notice when someone pulls out in front of you, there usually is no one behind you? or when the car in front of you takes a wide RIGHT turn to go left?

BrianS 03-01-2007 06:18 AM

driving is competition in this state..

i dont think you could fix it even if you double the cops and the fines.

im at a point, where if i am at an intersection and i want to take a turn, if i see someone coming, i feel safer if they have NO directional on and take a turn (that would of killed me if i went) than if they DO have a directional on..

at least i expect them to be an a-hole and turn if the directional is off...
its a scary place.

Raven 03-01-2007 06:22 AM

what got to me the other day

was: .... i'm driving along on route 20.....ok
everyone is driving well in the tire tracks, with no snow...

the one vehicle that isn't .....coming towards me
is a bright yellow safety vehicle and it threw a gallon or more
of sand slush across the lane covering my windshield completely.:liquify:

The Dad Fisherman 03-01-2007 08:03 AM

George Carlin said it best.

"Every one that Drives slower than you is an Idiot and everyone that drives faster than you is an A$$hole"

Raven 03-01-2007 08:11 AM

thats why

i learned to lip read in the rear view mirror.....

i stomp the brakes when the wrong thing is said.:uhuh:

Karl F 03-01-2007 08:21 AM

3 rules..
Lead,
Follow,
or
Get out of the Way.

Actually, if everybody used the proper lane for the proper thing.. it would be no worries.. but NOOOO... so it's the "Mass. weave and bob".....

Swimmer 03-01-2007 11:53 AM

I ain't even gonna get going in this thread.:doh:

Steve K 03-01-2007 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunan (Post 469058)
ya ever notice when someone pulls out in front of you, there usually is no one behind you? or when the car in front of you takes a wide RIGHT turn to go left?

Why is that so many people think that the are driving a semi and they take that wide right to go left? It drives me crazy. What makes me more mad are the inconsiderate drivers who sit in the middle of the lane to take a left hand turn instead of moving over to the left.

thortum 03-02-2007 09:14 AM

:uhuh: :uhuh:
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 469094)
George Carlin said it best.

"Every one that Drives slower than you is an Idiot and everyone that drives faster than you is an A$$hole"

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Skitterpop 03-02-2007 04:59 PM

Cannot believe I forgot this one

:af:
Three lanes and your cruising watching for cops ahead and behind...

some bigger fool than you comes roaring up on you and before you can switch lanes to let him/her go by because of other vehicles to your right they swerve from passing lane onto an exit ramp....:lossinit: crossing all lanes while other drivers are hitting their brakes....

Arse munchers just trying to get everyone out of their way :af:

Mike P 03-02-2007 05:04 PM

Hey--if I'm cruising at 10 over and you want to get by me, just give me 5 seconds to clear the guy beside me and the left lane is all yours.

My wife has a pet name for those guys--"minesweepers" :laugha:

Backbeach Jake 03-02-2007 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike P (Post 469661)
Hey--if I'm cruising at 10 over and you want to get by me, just give me 5 seconds to clear the guy beside me and the left lane is all yours.

My wife has a pet name for those guys--"minesweepers" :laugha:

Tell the Mrs. that's a great name! I like the guys who just have to pass you then pull right in front of you so you can't see jack and THEN slow down 2-3 MPH. I need a cannon...

sok 03-03-2007 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backbeach Jake (Post 469697)
Tell the Mrs. that's a great name! I like the guys who just have to pass you then pull right in front of you so you can't see jack and THEN slow down 2-3 MPH. I need a cannon...

Not a big cannon.
Just a 20mm like they put in A-10's.

And in defense of the trucks in the left lanes I have myself plenty of times gone left to pass someone (on the phone,applying makeup,on the laptop,reading the paper,playing with themselves,etc.,etc)only to have them speed up as soon as they see a truck next to them.
Next thing I know I have 6,8,10 cars passing on the right.
They never let you get back over.
(Always on Rte 3. I have seen it all.)