Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Obama's Nuttier Than I thought (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=60993)

fishbones 12-14-2009 03:41 PM

Obama's Nuttier Than I thought

I wish he was grading my economics exams in college. Maybe then my dream of a career in finance would have become reality.

Seriously, what freakin' curve is he using to grade himself?

Obama gives himself B+ for first months in office - Yahoo! News

Fly Rod 12-14-2009 04:49 PM

I guess in that picture he was going to pat himself on his back but, just couldn't reach beyond his eye brow, I'll give him a "C"

Raven 12-14-2009 05:01 PM

hacker

hacked into the high school computer
and changed his grades to b+ :uhuh:

afterhours 12-14-2009 05:14 PM

well after all he did win the nobel peace prize ....:rollem:

BigFish 12-14-2009 05:31 PM

We have yet to find out where that 1.4 million dollar portion of the prize is going? Bet we never will!:devil2:

buckman 12-14-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFish (Post 731868)
We have yet to find out where that 1.4 million dollar portion of the prize is going? Bet we never will!:devil2:

Same place the Air Force One pictures over New York went:rotf2:

Raider Ronnie 12-14-2009 09:59 PM

He still smoking the crack ???

RIJIMMY 12-15-2009 09:41 AM

Obama said he "inherited the biggest set of challenges of any president since Franklin Delano Roosevelt"

waaa waaa waaaa, I guess he missed the history classes on the Cuban Missile Crisis, Vietnam, and 9/11 nevermind economic history for the last 40 yrs, yes the economy is bad, but not nearly as bad is it was in the 70's!!!

scottw 12-15-2009 10:55 AM

shhhhhhh.... we never acknowledge or talk about the late 70's or Carter....it's been erased from history....

FishermanTim 12-15-2009 11:43 AM

The problem is that he was asked to grade himself, which he did.
He graded himself on how cool he was, how hip he looked, and how smart he was. (remember hiw many states he said there were during the campaign?)

Now if he were to honestly grade himself on the job he has TRIED to do, the grade would be significantly lower.

I can't recall any other president being graded or grading themselves, but it just may be that it wasn't considered "newsworthy" until now!

Swimmer 12-15-2009 12:21 PM

Harvard College

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishbones (Post 731834)
I wish he was grading my economics exams in college. Maybe then my dream of a career in finance would have become reality.

Seriously, what freakin' curve is he using to grade himself?

Obama gives himself B+ for first months in office - Yahoo! News

Obama went to Harvard. It is well-known the grading curve there is skewed beyond comprehenson. The lowest make anyone gets there is a B-.

scottw 12-15-2009 01:34 PM

what were Obama's grades at Harvard? "the smartest president ever" ought to have those on display...

and he's the first affirmative action president so he automatically gets extra points for....stuff....I think the Rasmussen approval rating is down to 44 percent :confused:

buckman 12-15-2009 01:39 PM

What did the House and Senate give themself's????

buckman 12-15-2009 01:49 PM

You can"t make this stuff up:

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

When I first clicked on it I got...........
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems

JohnnyD 12-15-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 732076)
You can"t make this stuff up:

U.S. National Debt Clock

When I first clicked on it I got...........
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems

Just taking a page out from his predecessor.

Bush Administration Adds $4 Trillion To National Debt - Couric & Co. - CBS News
And that's before Bush's bailout went into effect.

FishermanTim 12-15-2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 732068)
what were Obama's grades at Harvard? "the smartest president ever" ought to have those on display...

and he's the first affirmative action president so he automatically gets extra points for....stuff....I think the Rasmussen approval rating is down to 44 percent :confused:

yeah, those grades would be interesting to see...OH WAIT, didn't he keep his college papers sealed during his campaign? So we'll just have to take his grade at face value.:yak5:

scottw 12-15-2009 02:53 PM

this one is even better

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

justplugit 12-15-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 732015)
Obama said he "inherited the biggest set of challenges of any president since Franklin Delano Roosevelt"

waaa waaa waaaa, I guess he missed the history classes on the Cuban Missile Crisis, Vietnam, and 9/11 nevermind economic history for the last 40 yrs, yes the economy is bad, but not nearly as bad is it was in the 70's!!!

Looking back over the years I can honestly say there were 3 times that I was
truly concerned about our country, the Cuban Missile Crisis, 9/11, and the course
this country has been on for the last 11 months.
If this insane out of control spending isn't gotten under control you can kiss this country good bye.

buckman 12-15-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyD (Post 732081)
Just taking a page out from his predecessor.

Bush Administration Adds $4 Trillion To National Debt - Couric & Co. - CBS News
And that's before Bush's bailout went into effect.

Great answer and give yourself a B+ for originality:smash:

striperman36 12-15-2009 04:59 PM

Read about the downfall of the Roman Empire. It's very interesting

spence 12-15-2009 06:10 PM

Funny thread...

There isn't any answer that wouldn't provoke ridicule from some.

-spence

JohnnyD 12-15-2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 732144)
Funny thread...

-spence

It's basically the S-B.com version of the View - make assumptions then ignore everything else.

justplugit 12-15-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyD (Post 732150)
It's basically the S-B.com version of the View - make assumptions then ignore everything else.

LOL, JD, we need a Truth Docter. :hihi:

scottw 12-16-2009 06:32 AM

so..if "I"bama is hovering in the mid 40's for approval... you really have to wonder what his "actual" approval would be if he didn't have the vast propoganda machine of the libterd media working 24 hours a day propping him up and preening his image.....take away all of the glowing magazine covers, the drooling television anchors and reporters and the selectively reporting newspapers and what would it be?.....just imagine that the lame stream media suddenly looked at the "One" and his policies and actions with a critical eye and actually reported something more than the make up to keep him pretty....

buckman 12-16-2009 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 732210)
so..if "I"bama is hovering in the mid 40's for approval... you really have to wonder what his "actual" approval would be if he didn't have the vast propoganda machine of the libterd media working 24 hours a day propping him up and preening his image.....take away all of the glowing magazine covers, the drooling television anchors and reporters and the selectively reporting newspapers and what would it be?.....just imagine that the lame stream media suddenly looked at the "One" and his policies and actions with a critical eye and actually reported something more than a make up to keep him pretty....

My turn......like Bush:biglaugh:

justplugit 12-16-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 732210)
so..if "I"bama is hovering in the mid 40's for approval... you really have to wonder what his "actual" approval would be if he didn't have the vast propoganda machine of the libterd media working 24 hours a day propping him up and preening his image.....take away all of the glowing magazine covers, the drooling television anchors and reporters and the selectively reporting newspapers and what would it be?.....just imagine that the lame stream media suddenly looked at the "One" and his policies and actions with a critical eye and actually reported something more than the make up to keep him pretty....

Yup, they would see the Emperor has no clothes.

fishbones 12-17-2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 732144)
Funny thread...

-spence

What would you grade him out at, Spence? I saw the article and found it odd that he thought he was actually doing that good. Did he really need to give himself a grade? I think he would have been better off saying he would give himself an "incomplete".

If grades are based on what he has accomplished vs. what he said he was going to accomplish during his first 11 months in office, he's delusional. At what point do actual results as opposed to looking nice and giving catchy little quips to the media start to matter? People are getting tired of hearing him blame the past administration at this point.