Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   advance climate change by….destroying art? makes all kinds of sense (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=98427)

Jim in CT 10-23-2022 05:55 PM

advance climate change by….destroying art? makes all kinds of sense

https://www.foxnews.com/world/german...monet-painting

The Dad Fisherman 10-23-2022 06:17 PM

A lot of climate protesters aren’t too bright

https://www.greenmatters.com/climate...k-pour-protest
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT 10-23-2022 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1234439)
A lot of climate protesters aren’t too bright

https://www.greenmatters.com/climate...k-pour-protest

this is a sincere question…isn’t it bad for cows not to milk them? doesn’t it hurt them to not be milked?

The Dad Fisherman 10-23-2022 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1234440)
this is a sincere question…isn’t it bad for cows not to milk them? doesn’t it hurt them to not be milked?

No idea, but I do know it’s idiotic to dump perfectly good food.

Jim in CT 10-23-2022 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1234444)
No idea, but I do know it’s idiotic to dump perfectly good food.

you’re saying pouring out milk won’t restore the glaciers?

Got Stripers 10-24-2022 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1234437)

You do know the art is protected from just such an event. Or do you not understand or believe the link between the animal agriculture and global warming? This is the perfect set up for Scott, we will all be asked if we are driving our electric vehicles on the way to buy our all veggie diet requirements.

Jim in CT 10-24-2022 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1234453)
You do know the art is protected from just such an event. Or do you not understand or believe the link between the animal agriculture and global warming? This is the perfect set up for Scott, we will all be asked if we are driving our electric vehicles on the way to buy our all veggie diet requirements.

I didn't know the paintings were protected, until the environmental terrorists started doing this. The fact that the art is protected, makes their actions MORE stupid, if that's even possible.

you're right, I don't understand the link between animal agriculture and global warming, I know what your side is claiming, but I don't know what's fact.

Sorry if I'm not planning to become a vegan on the say-so of those who think the solution is to throw tomato soup on a Van Gough.

scottw 10-24-2022 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1234453)

You do know the art is protected from just such an event.

but apparently not protected from miscreant leftists with soup....

wdmso 10-24-2022 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1234437)

Your funny..

You didn’t start a single post about Jan6th ?

This is the 2nd soup incident this month aka peaceful protest

And apparently it got your goat.. to funny

FYI I searched Gen Flynn Re Awakening tour on Fox

Last story was 2 months ago

And it was reporting victim hood

New York pastor and ReAwaken tour host say they were harassed by prosecutors

Guess that’s why you never heard of them

wdmso 10-24-2022 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1234454)
I didn't know the paintings were protected, until the environmental terrorists started doing this. The fact that the art is protected, makes their actions MORE stupid, if that's even possible.

you're right, I don't understand the link between animal agriculture and global warming, I know what your side is claiming, but I don't know what's fact.

Sorry if I'm not planning to become a vegan on the say-so of those who think the solution is to throw tomato soup on a Van Gough.

until the environmental terrorists Started doing This

Yep keep insisting you haven’t been radicalized

The fact that the art is protected, makes their actions MORE stupid, if that's even possible.

Your comment proves it is possible

Jim in CT 10-24-2022 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1234458)
until the environmental terrorists Started doing This

Yep keep insisting you haven’t been radicalized

The fact that the art is protected, makes their actions MORE stupid, if that's even possible.

Your comment proves it is possible

they’re attempting to destroy priceless art, unless we meet their political
demands. that’s a terrorist.

PaulS 10-24-2022 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1234464)

If they know the art has glass in front of it protecting it how are they attempting to destroy it?

PaulS 10-24-2022 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1234454)

Quote:

So you admit the painting was protected but you still believe that by throwing mashed pot. at the art they're attempting to destroy the art?

Seems like a contradictory statement.

Jim in CT 10-24-2022 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1234468)
So you admit the painting was protected but you still believe that by throwing mashed pot. at the art they're attempting to destroy the art?

yes, i’m sure their intent was to destroy it. they’re not very bright, you see.

Jim in CT 10-24-2022 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1234468)

not if they didn’t know the art was protected. the geniuses who threw tomato soup on a painting last week, yelled “what’s more important! life or art?”.

that suggests they believed they were destroying the art.

if they were rational, they’d be republicans.

The Dad Fisherman 10-24-2022 10:35 AM

Are the oil companies going to respond?
Are any people going to immediately halt using petroleum products because of this?
Are Investments going to shift away from oil investments?

Why is it so hard to just say they’re idiots? They threw potatoes at a painting and glued themselves to the wall…..there’s not a lot that’s more idiotic than that. :rolleyes:

Jim in CT 10-24-2022 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1234471)
Are any people going to immediately halt using petroleum products because of this?

Why is it so hard to just say they’re idiots? They threw potatoes at a painting and glued themselves to the wall…..there’s not a lot that’s more idiotic than that. :rolleyes:

you can look this up…the group doing this, is funded by an heiress to the Getty fortune! so she feels guilty. i bet not so guilty that she gave her inheritance away.

scottw 10-24-2022 10:44 AM

Quote:

…..there’s not a lot that’s more idiotic than that. :rolleyes:

well, there's chaining yourself to your friends across a highway....pulling a statue down on top of yourself or others.....setting yourself on fire....chasing someone with an AR who is a really good shot.....

The Dad Fisherman 10-24-2022 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1234473)
well, there's chaining yourself to your friends across a highway....pulling a statue down on top of yourself or others.....setting yourself on fire....chasing someone with an AR who is a really good shot.....

You’ll notice I left a little wiggle room

wdmso 10-24-2022 11:01 AM

Quote:

And that's what you think is actually happening> that is Amazing

Jim in CT 10-24-2022 11:04 AM

Quote:

Why is it so hard to just say they’re idiots?

That is a very deep and key question, and gets to the heart of where the left is right now. None of them will ever just say "my god they're idiots". Because as Jordan Peterson says, they don't merely "believe" in liberalism. They are enslaved by it. The Narrative can never be wrong.

He calls it "the pathology of ideological possession", and he's right. They are literally possessed by liberalism.

Jim in CT 10-24-2022 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1234476)

Ok, Einstein, how come you didn't tell us what's actually happening. The group that did this last week, as they threw tomato soup on priceless paintings, yelled "what's more important, art or life"?

Why did they yell that as they were doing what they did?

scottw 10-24-2022 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1234474)
You’ll notice I left a little wiggle room

:scream:

wdmso 10-24-2022 11:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

jim thinks they are terrorist.. LOL but protesting in a state house armed is Freedom :kewl:

It's not something that's going to change what oil companies or Governments do or don't do .. and I doubt they think that was the objective .

But their stunt did what it was intended to do It drew some attention to an issue they clearly care about .. and call it dumb or smart it matters little to me
it's not like we haven't seen this style of protest before Across the planet

scottw 10-24-2022 11:14 AM

[QUOTE=wdmso;1234476]

/QUOTE]

because throwing stuff on priceless art is not trying to destroy priceless art?

scottw 10-24-2022 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1234481)

jim thinks they are terrorist.. LOL but protesting in a state house armed is Freedom :kewl:

which one was a crime and which one wasn't?

scottw 10-24-2022 11:18 AM

I wish they glued their faces to the wall....

PaulS 10-24-2022 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1234470)
not if they didn’t know the art was protected. the geniuses who threw tomato soup on a painting last week, yelled “what’s more important! life or art?”.

that suggests they believed they were destroying the art. actually you are totally wrong as they said they knew they weren't destroying the art.

“I want to make one thing perfectly clear, we did no damage to the painting whatsoever,” Phoebe Plummer, a climate activist who, along with Anna Holland, threw the soup at the famous painting and then glued their hands to the gallery floor on October 14.

if they were rational, they’d be republicans. That is funny as the Rep. deny science and do nothing. Seems like they are smarter than most of the R party.

You can't help yourself?

PaulS 10-24-2022 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1234478)
Ok, Einstein, how come you didn't tell us what's actually happening. The group that did this last week, as they threw tomato soup on priceless paintings, yelled "what's more important, art or life"?

Why did they yell that as they were doing what they did?

But you're 100% wrong as they knew the art was protected

“We’re not asking the question, should everyone be throwing soup at paintings?” said Plummer. “What we’re doing is getting the conversation going so we can ask the questions that matter.”

Jim in CT 10-24-2022 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1234487)
You can't help yourself?

"“I want to make one thing perfectly clear, we did no damage to the painting whatsoever,”

Which again Paul, tells us nothing about what they set out to do. Real MENSA candidates.

They're clueless idiots, that's all they are.

The wussification and dumbing-down of todays kids, is going to serve my kids quite nicely. My kids work their butts off and know how to take "no" for an answer sometimes. These kids will have no chance against my kids in the real world. None.