Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   StriperTalk! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Jim Wareing, a/k/a Renegade6, passed away yesterday (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=98379)

JohnR 10-03-2022 06:33 PM

Jim Wareing, a/k/a Renegade6, passed away yesterday

1 Attachment(s)
Jim Wareing, a/k/a Renegade6, passed away yesterday on MV while fishing the Derby.

Absolute class act, big smile, genuinely nice guy, passed away very unexpectedly. Shout out to his family and friends.

One of many "best shots" of Jim, with his daughter, fishing.

BigFish 10-03-2022 07:21 PM

Such terrible news and my thoughts go out to his family and all who knew him. Taken too young.

fishbones 10-03-2022 07:34 PM

I heard this today and was shocked. Way too young to be gone. Jim definitely was one of those genuinely nice guys. I fished the derby with him a couple years and always had a great time with him. Even when the fishing was slow he was in a good mood.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

tattoobob 10-03-2022 07:50 PM

This is a shock, I'm speechless

PaulS 10-03-2022 08:12 PM

He loved taking his daughter fishing and skiing. If you knew Jim that smile is how you would remember him.

milo 10-03-2022 08:19 PM

Nicest guy you could ever meet, always in a good mood and a smile. MV derby won’t be the same without him

fishbones 10-03-2022 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1233321)
He loved taking his daughter fishing and skiing. If you knew Jim that smile is how you would remember him.

I don’t think I ever saw him without the smile.

BigFish 10-04-2022 06:43 AM

If there is anything we can do to help his family at this difficult time please let us know.

afterhours 10-04-2022 07:43 AM

RIP Jim. T's & P's to family and friends.

clambo 10-04-2022 10:09 AM

Did not Know Jim but he passed while doing what he loved to do. Death is only a doorway to another place and we all will meet up again! Something happened in my life to convince me of that and if his kids PM me I will meet with them and relay what happened to me that changed my perception. T+P to all involved Mike

Slipknot 10-04-2022 11:01 AM

Really sad, sorry to hear this news. Condolences to all his friends and family :(

Mike P 10-04-2022 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1233315)
Jim Wareing, a/k/a Renegade6, passed away yesterday on MV while fishing the Derby.

Absolute class act, big smile, genuinely nice guy, passed away very unexpectedly. Shout out to his family and friends.

One of many "best shots" of Jim, with his daughter, fishing.

Leah really is his mini-me, both in fishing skills and in appearance. I have no doubt that she'll continue the legacy.

JohnR 10-04-2022 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike P (Post 1233360)
Leah really is his mini-me, both in fishing skills and in appearance. I have no doubt that she'll continue the legacy.

Yep. Met her at least once. She is intense, and a happy kid, hope she holds on to those qualities.

t_man7 10-04-2022 09:26 PM

Sorry to hear, my condolences.

nightfighter 10-05-2022 06:56 AM

I don't think we ever crossed paths in person, unless it was at TFCTFN. But given the responses about Jim, I would have remembered... My loss. On a good note, he committed to spend a good amount of his time here with his daughter, Leah, and pursuing their passion. I certainly do not want to leave out special thoughts for his wife and other family members.
There was a photo taken a few years back of Jim with Leah after weighing in her bass at the Derby, but I can't find it... anybody?

fishbones 10-05-2022 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 1233372)
I don't think we ever crossed paths in person, unless it was at TFCTFN. But given the responses about Jim, I would have remembered... My loss. On a good note, he committed to spend a good amount of his time here with his daughter, Leah, and pursuing their passion. I certainly do not want to leave out special thoughts for his wife and other family members.
There was a photo taken a few years back of Jim with Leah after weighing in her bass at the Derby, but I can't find it... anybody?

I’ve got a copy of it Ross but can’t figure out how to post it here.

JohnR 10-05-2022 10:10 AM

email it to me

jredmond at linesiders dawt com

bloocrab 10-05-2022 12:39 PM

So very tragic, Jim was the guy who walked into the room with a sincere smile on his face, yet contagious...you couldn't help but smile back, whether you knew him or not. Eager to learn, eager to teach...I came to know Jim a long time ago, through these sites, at RHern's house and other get-togethers, but even when years came between us in crossing paths, we'd pick right back up. Just an all-around good guy.

The Heavens gained a GREAT dad, humble yet resilient, compassionate and caring, the world is a lesser place without him. (Leah, I am so, so sorry that this happened), praying that his family and close friends find a way to cope with this unexpected tragedy.

God Speed Jim - you will surely be missed by many.

JohnR 10-05-2022 01:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bloocrab (Post 1233407)
So very tragic, Jim was the guy who walked into the room with a sincere smile on his face, yet contagious...you couldn't help but smile back, whether you knew him or not. Eager to learn, eager to teach...I came to know Jim a long time ago, through these sites, at RHern's house and other get-togethers, but even when years came between us in crossing paths, we'd pick right back up. Just an all-around good guy.

The Heavens gained a GREAT dad, humble yet resilient, compassionate and caring, the world is a lesser place without him. (Leah, I am so, so sorry that this happened), praying that his family and close friends find a way to cope with this unexpected tragedy.

God Speed Jim - you will surely be missed by many.

^^^ This, Very Much

Here is the photo - I got a copy from Fishbones but found the larger version of same

piemma 10-05-2022 01:36 PM

Somehow I never met Jim despite over 60 years in the surf. Sounds like a great guy and my condolences to the family.

BigFish 10-05-2022 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1233409)
^^^ This, Very Much

Here is the photo - I got a copy from Fishbones but found the larger version of same

Wow John what a great photo! So important now and forever are the photographs and the wonderful memories and I have no doubt his wife, his daughter and his entire family and all who knew him have many of both!

nightfighter 10-05-2022 04:17 PM

That's the pic! Thank you, Fishbones, and JohnR. Always thought that was an outstanding photo...

Mike P 10-05-2022 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 1233372)

You might have run into him at Mike's shop. I'm closing in on 70, and my memory isn't what it used to be, but I remember that smile. I just have a hard time remembering where we ran into each other, other than at Rick Hern's holiday get-togethers.

beamie 10-05-2022 08:43 PM

Never met Jim. Way too soon. Seems Like a great dad

Thinking some of you who knew and fished with them should soon reach out to the family and get her back in the surf.
Like Viper said to Jester..... get Maverick back up in the air.

The surf might heal some of the emotional pain.

Mike P 10-06-2022 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beamie (Post 1233430)
Never met Jim. Way too soon. Seems Like a great dad

Thinking some of you who knew and fished with them should soon reach out to the family and get her back in the surf.
Like Viper said to Jester..... get Maverick back up in the air.

The surf might heal some of the emotional pain.

I get what you're saying, but I believe that people have to mourn on their own terms. Everyone handles these types of unforeseen tragedies differently.