Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Boat Fishing & Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Spreader lights Switch question (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=98665)

wdmso 02-13-2023 11:06 AM

Spreader lights Switch question

Hi looking to add a second Spreader light forward on the T top

My rear spreader light switch is on the electronics Box .

My question is can I Jump of that switch to my 2nd switch to power the front spreader light ?

or should I do something else ?

was going to put 6 Way Fuse Block Blade Fuse Box with Negative Bus up there but honestly I don't have a lot of access and it already looks like a bowl of Spaghetti

Thanks Wayne

beamie 02-13-2023 04:38 PM

In a jam you can find 12vdc any place easy. You can piggy back off the existing. The only thing of concern is the amp draw. I will assume the new light is an LED with very low amp load. Could put on an inline fuse holder for piece of mind.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Guppy 02-13-2023 05:17 PM

Yes ,,, As long as you don’t use it like head lights…. ;-) :wavey:

wdmso 02-13-2023 06:31 PM

I’ll try piggy backing them 1st. The draw shouldn’t be to bad only one will be on at any given time .

wdmso 02-15-2023 09:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Seahunt Quality (sarcasm )

This is the hole for the toggle switch

Now I am just going to keep cutting and throw in a double switch w/plate

Guppy 02-15-2023 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1239161)
Seahunt Quality (sarcasm )

This is the hole for the toggle switch

Now I am just going to keep cutting and throw in a double switch w/plate

Wicked! But no surprise…..

wdmso 02-18-2023 02:24 PM

so i have the new 2 switch unit it pre wired it has a ground and positive

My old switch was just a 2 pole

When the Dealer installed the VHF radio he tapped into the positive (power wire coming of the my original switch and the Ground into my Horn ground .

Of course I have Zero slack in any wires and zero angle to get 2 hands in the box ..

but let's say I could How do I power the switch system and the light if their using the same hot wire

or should i just throw on small fuse block ?

piemma 02-18-2023 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1239225)
so i have the new 2 switch unit it pre wired it has a ground and positive

My old switch was just a 2 pole

When the Dealer installed the VHF radio he tapped into the positive (power wire coming of the my original switch and the Ground into my Horn ground .

Of course I have Zero slack in any wires and zero angle to get 2 hands in the box ..

but let's say I could How do I power the switch system and the light if their using the same hot wire

or should i just throw on small fuse block ?

Be safe, no worries= small fuse box.

wdmso 02-18-2023 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemma (Post 1239227)
Be safe, no worries= small fuse box.

Going to look into the fuse box
Run power cables

Nebe 02-18-2023 06:35 PM

Adding an additional fuse box will help in the future if you want to add anything else

wdmso 02-28-2023 06:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Fuse box is in all running two circuits, the radio and the in the rocker switches to run for an led spreader, lights have to wait for warmer weather have to attach the fuse box with double-sided Velcro no location to secure with screws. Not sure why iPhones can’t upload photos correctly

Guppy 02-28-2023 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1239452)
Fuse box is in all running two circuits, the radio and the in the rocker switches to run for an led spreader, lights have to wait for warmer weather have to attach the fuse box with double-sided Velcro no location to secure with screws. Not sure why iPhones can’t upload photos correctly

Woo hoo, fancy switch, sooon

wdmso 03-07-2023 09:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
the spreader switch and fuse box are mounted .. came out good considering my skill set