Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Plug Building - Got Wood? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Fishmaster ...Bass Aqua (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=55400)

Tagger 02-21-2009 08:50 PM

Fishmaster ...Bass Aqua

3 Attachment(s)
Built by Paul Moriarity or Proffesor Moriarity .. Originally built by Fishmaster 1946- sold in 1950 kept afloat until 1955.. No fancy paint or glass eyes but a very difficult plug to reproduce for the average human being or cyborg like myself . Just incased you missed it .. The bug .... or "Bass- Aqua ...

Tagger 02-21-2009 08:52 PM

3 Attachment(s)
More shots .. thanks Paul .....

http://www.shorelinebt.com/id13.html

angler229 02-21-2009 09:11 PM

That is just insane, his attention to detail is second to none.

new jack 02-21-2009 09:20 PM

it looks alive, it looks like it's gonna attack something. I saw it on the other site and still can't believe how freakin cool that thing is.

truely awsome!!!

numbskull 02-21-2009 09:21 PM

I have several originals and saw this plug before I knew who made it. It is the most elegantly perfect plug I have ever seen.

ThrowingTimber 02-21-2009 09:22 PM

:hee: Told ya so :kewl: I knew P. made it :heybaby: Flawless :D

Tagger 02-21-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrowingTimber (Post 667254)
:hee: Told ya so :kewl: I knew P. made it :heybaby: Flawless :D

Ya ,,, but he told me to go get it and keep it .... :spin:

Numby ... you have these ,, I didn't see them in your stash ,,

saltydog 02-22-2009 02:59 AM

I also saw it on the table an the first thing I asked was did the Professor build it. fantastic work :humpty:
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN:wave:

NIB 02-22-2009 05:45 AM

Very nice..How did you make the weld on top without overheating the paint.??
Whats funny..
I was able to see the master chumbuckets redition that night in progress..:spin:
You guys are just sick..

ProfessorM 02-22-2009 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIB (Post 667302)
Very nice..How did you make the weld on top without overheating the paint.??
Whats funny..
I was able to see the master chumbuckets redition that night in progress..:spin:
You guys are just sick..

I cheated. I will take a picture later and show you. Chum was curious too until I showed him how I cheated. I will be curious how he makes out, although knowing him it will be great.
Rip Van Winkle :wave: ok Captain Lou Albano

MAC 02-22-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorM (Post 667417)
I cheated. I will take a picture later and show you. Chum was curious too until I showed him how I cheated. I will be curious how he makes out, although knowing him it will be great.
Rip Van Winkle :wave: ok Captain Lou Albano

LOL

NIB 02-22-2009 12:17 PM

Ha,ha..
MaC look in your beard for a few more lost plugs..:jester:

ProfessorM 02-22-2009 12:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok my friend here you go. I wanted to use cotter pins like the original so to create the illusion I used cut cotter pins. I then pinned them into a bore which I threaded thus the bottom of the hanger. I then tapped the top part and rounded the head creating the illusion of the welded, solder, top part. The front grommet was done the same way with a hole drilled thru it to take the front hanger. It was a lot of fun to make and even more fun to give to Eddy. I have to thank VB, as it was his collection that inspired me to make the plug. I fell in luv with it as soon as I saw it. I thought insect at first and then black widow, thus the red hourglass. Thanks again for the accolades I am truly flattered.

ThrowingTimber 02-22-2009 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorM (Post 667447)
Ok my friend here you go. I wanted to use cotter pins like the original so to create the illusion I used cut cotter pins. I then pinned them into a bore which I tapped thus the bottom of the hanger. I then tapped the top part and rounded the head creating the illusion of the welded, solder, top part. The front grommet was done the same way with a hole drilled thru it to take the front hanger. It was a lot of fun to make and even more fun to give to Eddy. I have to thank VB, as it was his collection that inspired me to make the plug. I fell in luv with it as soon as I saw it. I thought insect at first and then black widow, thus the red hourglass. Thanks again for the accolades I am truly flattered.

thats got more parts than a van staal:eek5:

NIB 02-22-2009 01:40 PM

Wow,Very Nice..
You have shackles in your bedroom,don't cha..??

justplugit 02-22-2009 02:55 PM

P. you never cease to amaze me. :btu:

chumbucket 02-22-2009 02:57 PM

Prof.M, That's the coolest hook-hanger technique I've ever seen.:kewl::kewl::kewl::kewl::kewl:
I thought that was yours and when you showed me how you did it I was speechless. Love that stuff and that Fly Vice you made.
I wish I was an artist-machinist-fisherman like you and Lu.:cheers:
I will probably coble together something like a blob of Epoxy or the head off one of those brass paper pins from school back in our days.

BIG TIM 02-22-2009 05:27 PM

That is most kool!!!

johnny ducketts 02-22-2009 06:43 PM

I thought it was awesome when I first saw it, I didn't have a clue what it was at the time, but now doing a little research and seeing the work that went to it, it makes it that much more impressive. Great work professor M, :btu: sorry I didn't get a chance to tell you that personally, it was a little hectic in there.

wahlie 02-22-2009 08:39 PM

Paul,
that thing is crazy!!! I love the black widow hourglass... Very very nice.... How does she swim? Thanks again for the pencil popper yesterday. Can't wait to try it out.

-Chris

Slipknot 02-22-2009 09:30 PM

tagger's brain is like a sponge
you can see the wheels turning :uhuh:

You've come a long way Eddie, your stuff is just as killer as the proffesors'

Paul that plug is sick, I knew it was yours when I first laid eyes on it.

you'll have to help me with mine next year , I chose it already and printed a color photo. i can help you with what I know about those darters.