Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Plumbing sidework anyone? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=79381)

basswipe 09-29-2012 07:26 AM

Plumbing sidework anyone?

Kitchen sink has a pretty decent leak.The leak is coming from where a a copper elbow meets with a copper pipe.Pipes I'm assuming are 1 1/4-1 1/2 inches.This is beyond my plumbing abilities.

Any guys local to the Tiverton area?

I have some important things to take care of at the moment but I will try to post a pic asap.

Hookedagain 09-29-2012 08:00 AM

I have a guy that works with me at the fire dept who is a plumber and does small stuff for friends. If you are on this site we must be friends. PM me your in fo and I will pass it along.

Spud

spence 09-29-2012 08:08 AM

Is the nut that holds the waste line to the bottom of the sink tight?

-spence

Cohenfishin 09-29-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basswipe (Post 961222)
Kitchen sink has a pretty decent leak.The leak is coming from where a a copper elbow meets with a copper pipe.Pipes I'm assuming are 1 1/4-1 1/2 inches.This is beyond my plumbing abilities.

Any guys local to the Tiverton area?

I have some important things to take care of at the moment but I will try to post a pic asap.

I'm in fall river and could take a look at it for you...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

basswipe 09-29-2012 09:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Diagnosed the problem.The length between the PVC and the copper elbow is corroded and has a hole about half way down facing the camera.

I took a pic:

basswipe 09-29-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cohenfishin (Post 961227)
I'm in fall river and could take a look at it for you...

If my other option falls through I will certainly keep you mind.

Thank you very much for the offer

tysdad115 09-29-2012 10:28 AM

Water feed pipes that big? Is that just the drain?

leptar 09-29-2012 10:30 AM

cut it out and replace it with PVC just a compression fitting.. if you need tools i'm around the corner from eagleville rd.

JamesJet 09-29-2012 12:32 PM

if you are in a bind and its really leaking, go buy some rescue tape, its a tape that only sticks to itself and holds to quite a few PSI it comes under multiple names. it will hold until the plumber gets there, or you get the tools and materials to fix it

basswipe 09-29-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesJet (Post 961262)
if you are in a bind and its really leaking, go buy some rescue tape, its a tape that only sticks to itself and holds to quite a few PSI it comes under multiple names. it will hold until the plumber gets there, or you get the tools and materials to fix it

Forgot about rescue tape!

Just grabbed a role from HFT for $3.All set,no more leaking.Now I have some time to think about doing more.