Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Grumpy Old Pharts Board (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Bottle and can redeemable deposits (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=97007)

Slipknot 10-30-2020 08:35 AM

Bottle and can redeemable deposits

So “they” haven’t allowed any redemption centers to take back bottles and cans yet they still force us to pay the 5 cents. Meanwhile the cans stack up or get tossed. WTF are we supposed to do with all these? Once they reopen, if they ever do, they will be swamped by hoarders. It doesn’t make sense because they apparently have no answer. Anyone else tired of piling up nickels?

spence 10-30-2020 08:42 AM

I just put them in the recycling bin. Not worth the effort IMHO.

Slipknot 10-30-2020 08:48 AM

I guess I am out of touch
They reopened back in June
120 limit
Not sure about now
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

redlite 10-30-2020 10:33 AM

Hahaha
I just called around yesterday to find somewhere to return them as well. I have prob $300 in empties (u do the math on how many cans and bottles that is) under my deck that I am dreading dealing with. I got a couple of fishin buddies around town and the shop that crush beer more than fish and save the empties for my kids. They get all the return money. Gonna pay for their colleges one empty can at a time
Let me know if u find anywhere that will allow more than 120 cans at a time

Jimbo 10-30-2020 12:05 PM

Gave up finding a redemption place that was working/accepting. Now I go to the Yarmouth dump and put the garbage bag full in the bin that the money goes to the food pantry and Y-D band.

Rockfish9 10-30-2020 02:19 PM

we dont drink soda or any thing in a deposit bottle , so we are lucky there., I'm brewing my own beer so I am my own redemption center... you are right though Bruce, it's going to be a XXXX show when/if they ever allow returns to happen.

Slipknot 10-30-2020 03:22 PM

I don't drink soda either, but the wife and kids do and somehow we get the in-laws cans too.

Jimbo, that is GREAT!

I just asked the kids and they said some places like big liquor stores are open, I think it is best to count them yourself first and I'm not sure they take bottles.

Guppy 10-30-2020 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbo (Post 1204207)
Gave up finding a redemption place that was working/accepting. Now I go to the Yarmouth dump and put the garbage bag full in the bin that the money goes to the food pantry and Y-D band.

:claps:

We do very few cans,,,
We were DY band parents for many years, great group..
I still have a son in the band even at my age... he’s the music teacher... LOL

Rockfish9 10-30-2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 1204252)
I don't drink soda either, but the wife and kids do and somehow we get the in-laws cans too.

Jimbo, that is GREAT!

I just asked the kids and they said some places like big liquor stores are open, I think it is best to count them yourself first and I'm not sure they take bottles.

It was my thought fro. The beginning that the whole bottle bill was meant to extract more money from consumers..I was wrong, but it sure looks like a scam in progress now..

Pete F. 10-30-2020 06:30 PM

It used to be that every group supporting kids went on bottle drives and collected bottles
Of course then things cost half as much
I haven’t seen a bottle drive in years

fishbones 10-31-2020 07:06 PM

I don’t have many but we collect cans at work and my boss takes them and puts the money towards rescuing dogs. Prior to working there I used to just throw them in my recycling bin.