Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   RI Speaker Resignation? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=85436)

BigFish 03-24-2014 07:33 AM

RI Speaker Resignation?

None of you Rhode Islanders is curious why there is a Federal Investigation forcing the Speaker to resign??? I would think as voters and taxpayers we ie you have a right to know what the investigation is regarding???

PaulS 03-24-2014 07:43 AM

sure people are curious but the FBI isn't going to tell anyone until they are good and ready.

There should be stiffer sentences for politicians who use their office for personnal gain.

BigFish 03-24-2014 07:45 AM

My point is...it should be known to the public what is going on! We are taxpayers.....they work for us!!! WTF???!!! This government is spinning out of control!!!

Nebe 03-24-2014 07:46 AM

Its my hunch that this is related to 38 studios. time will tell......

BigFish 03-24-2014 08:07 AM

Good theory?

Nebe 03-24-2014 08:08 AM

Spencetradomous... oh great oracle of the east bay... what is your prediction???

Scott.. oh dweller of the edge cellar... what is your call??

BigFish 03-24-2014 08:14 AM

I am just amazed if its sexual misconduct or domestic violence or drunken driving issues....we know all the details so whats with this? Just because its Federal? I still think we deserve an explanation! We pay the bills to these fools! They work for us!

Raven 03-24-2014 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1036441)
Spencetradomous... oh great oracle of the east bay... what is your prediction???

:rotflmao:

Nebe 03-24-2014 09:10 AM

I think this is big. Hence the hush hush.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Fishpart 03-24-2014 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1036436)
Its my hunch that this is related to 38 studios. time will tell......

My suspicion as well.

striperman36 03-24-2014 12:24 PM

Spence is involved.

fishbones 03-24-2014 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFish (Post 1036447)
I am just amazed if its sexual misconduct or domestic violence or drunken driving issues....we know all the details so whats with this? Just because its Federal? I still think we deserve an explanation! We pay the bills to these fools! They work for us!

If it was any of those things, he'd have been arrested and we'd all know. It's something much bigger that. They've taken a lot of evidence from his home and his office. The Feds are getting their ducks in a row for something big.

nightfighter 03-24-2014 12:50 PM

Massachusetts has its own long history of Speakers and House leaders being indicted.....

paradoxjim 03-24-2014 01:22 PM

Or could it have something to do with the bully that he is? Can't get his way in a difficult race with a noisy candidate? No problem, we'll just rearrange the voting districts so that the outcome should be more favorable.

buckman 03-24-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 1036489)
Massachusetts has its own long history of Speakers and House leaders being indicted.....

True .
Curious if he has a D after his name like our esteemed public servants in Ma , some still doing time, do .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

JohnR 03-24-2014 05:15 PM

Ding dong, the witch is dead :rotf2:

He was 2nd in command of the Kelptocarcy - #1 is in Washington. Do not be suprised to see more pins fall. But keep electing these progressives to positions of power in a one party state :rotf2::rotf2:

OK - 2 parties, the Democrats and the Progressives! They can't blame this state on the Independents or Republicans

Nebe 03-24-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1036512)
They can't blame this state on the Independents or Republicans

Sure they can.. they can blame all of the republican business owners for leaving the state with their business and tax revenue because the states tax structure is not business friendly ;)

JohnR 03-24-2014 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1036523)
Sure they can.. they can blame all of the republican business owners for leaving the state with their business and tax revenue because the states tax structure is not business friendly ;)

:love:

scottw 03-24-2014 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1036512)
Ding dong, the witch is dead :rotf2:

He was 2nd in command of the Kelptocarcy - #1 is in Washington. Do not be suprised to see more pins fall. But keep electing these progressives to positions of power in a one party state :rotf2::rotf2:

OK - 2 parties, the Democrats and the Progressives! They can't blame this state on the Independents or Republicans

yup, and now his 2nd in command is going to take his place...depressing....I was talking to a guy this morning who was just moving into the area to retire and was a little concerned about our state of corruption....he'd mentioned this story and said that he'd been curious so he'd Googled our Reps and Senators...all career politicians ...Governor...career politician..he noted that outside of Reid's military time he couldn't cite where any of them had any...well...any experience outside of being political hacks .....we seem to grow career hack politicians hatched from lawyers and enjoy the corruption that follows in our unique climate better than we do most other things...I'm just shocked that he's out so quickly..it must be REALLY bad, otherwise we'd have the press conference denying any wrong doing and stating he needs to get back to doing the work of the RI people

afterhours 03-25-2014 06:32 AM

it's embarrassing that we continuously elect the most corrupt gov't in the country...over and over and over. methinks gordo got caught with his hand in the cookie jar - big time.

spence 03-26-2014 04:17 PM

The ironic thing is that Fox had been moving though pension reform and even got money from the NRA. I'm not sure I understand the witch comments above.

I read on the Blaze that he was actually considered a more conservative Democrat. Then I read the comments under the story and it was pretty repulsive. Amazing the bottom feeders that a site like that attracts.

-spence