Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   whens it going to stop (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=65516)

RIJIMMY 08-10-2010 02:46 PM

whens it going to stop

How much can we afford to keep paying out? Where the hell are Obamas SOLUTIONS that dont require more and more payouts??
This is really ridiculous.

House gives needy states $26 billion for Medicaid, teachers
By Tami Luhby, senior writerAugust 10, 2010: 3:34 PM ET

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Cash-strapped states are one signature away from getting $26 billion in federal funds to shore up their budgets.

The House voted 247-161 Tuesday, with support from the Democrats and overwhelming rejection from the Republicans, to send $16.1 billion in additional Medicaid money and $10 billion to prevent layoffs of teachers and first responders. In an unusual move, representatives returned from their August recess to approve the measure.

diggs
diggEmail Print CommentFiscal relief for states

Here's how much each state could receive in federal assistance from the $26 billion Medicaid and education jobs bill. More President Obama, who urged lawmakers to pass the bill, is expected to sign it Tuesday night.

Speaking from the Rose Garden earlier Tuesday, the President said the bill will "save hundreds of thousands of additional jobs in the coming year." He added that it will not add to the nation's deficit since it "is fully paid for, in part by closing tax loopholes that encourage corporations to ship American jobs overseas."

spence 08-10-2010 02:57 PM

So they close tax loop holes to keep jobs in America and use the money to help keep teachers and police employed?

Leave it to Obama to be double dipping :hihi:

-spence

Raven 08-10-2010 03:16 PM

his chip will soon snap off in the dip

RIJIMMY 08-10-2010 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 787154)
So they close tax loop holes to keep jobs in America and use the money to help keep teachers and police employed?

Leave it to Obama to be double dipping :hihi:

-spence

yes spence, over night they closed loopholes and miraculoulsy came up with money that they applied to the states. You're not that gullible are you?

spence 08-10-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 787167)
yes spence, over night they closed loopholes and miraculoulsy came up with money that they applied to the states. You're not that gullible are you?

It's called managing a budget. Of course unless the tax revenues are written into the law to be used for the appropriations there's some accounting tricks at play, but this is pretty common. If they actually stayed within the budget it wouldn't be as big of a problem.

I do support a balanced budget amendment.

-spence

RIJIMMY 08-10-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 787168)
It's called managing a budget. Of course unless the tax revenues are written into the law to be used for the appropriations there's some accounting tricks at play, but this is pretty common. If they actually stayed within the budget it wouldn't be as big of a problem.

-spence

managing a budget? they just borrow spence!

buckman 08-10-2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 787168)
It's called managing a budget.

-spence

Just when I thought you had lost your humor.....you're killing me:rotf2::rotf2:

Raider Ronnie 08-10-2010 04:28 PM

whens it going to stop

Jan, 20, 2013

spence 08-10-2010 06:39 PM

Quote:

Obama signs bill for teachers, public workers - Politics - Capitol Hill - msnbc.com

The aid for the states is to be paid for mostly by closing a tax loophole used by multinational corporations and by reducing food stamp benefits for the poor.
Freaking commies :jester:

-spence

scottw 08-10-2010 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 787213)
Freaking commies :jester:

-spence

yea....cutting foodstamps in 2014

Nebe 08-10-2010 07:31 PM

http://www.jairuswhitley.com/files/t...read_again.jpg

striperman36 08-10-2010 08:19 PM

fed and states both borrow against future income, stopping it means significant reduction in freebies to the voters that got them into power, ain't gonna happen

scottw 08-10-2010 09:23 PM

yes, paying for it in large part with cuts in food stamps beginning in 2014...but many democrats are upset at any reduction in the foodstamp program and are promising to restore the funding..which means it's being paid for how ?? which means these people are a freaking circus...

this is brilliant budget management

JohnR 08-10-2010 10:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Umm, this was what I was looking for....

FishermanTim 08-11-2010 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 787248)
Umm, this was what I was looking for....

That's a great one!!!!:rotf2::biglaugh: